Amazon order

toco
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi everyone,

I have an Amazon account. and I had an order on Amazon 2 days ago. Now, I created a link between my Shopify Store and my Amazon Account. and then the order on Amazon appeared on Shopify Store automatically.

This is Amazon order, not a Shopify store order. So, the payment will be on Amazon or Shopify store? and If I create a shipping label for this order on Amazon, it will be fulfilled on Shopify store automatically.

Thanks

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1227 109 297

The payment will happen wherever the customer makes the purchase, sounds like Amazon in this case, so Shopify payments won't be involved.

For shipping / fulfillment it will depend on your setup. If you're fulfilling with FBA, then I recommend not importing the orders to Shopify. If you're fulfilling by FBM, then I would create the label off-amazon, since you're fulfilling off-Amazon.

If it helps, the setup I use is:

- Use Amazon FBA to fulfill items ordered from Amazon

- For items listed on Amazon that aren't FBA, import them via the app Codisto, then fulfill from Shopify using an app (EasyShip and Shippo are my 2 favs).

- For items ordered on Shopify, sync them with Amazon FBA so fulfillment / shipping happens automatically.

Here's the full setup: https://speedboostr.com/automate-order-fulfillment-on-shopify.

I work with a lot of stores that sell on both Shopify + Amazon, there are a few different ways to organize the system, so the exact answer to your question depends on your setup, but that info I gave is based on the setup I use + the most common setup I see for stores that sell on both channels.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes
VRuler
Excursionist
15 2 2

@JoesIdeas 
How can I disable the import orders? For some weird reason some of the orders(from Amazon) are imported into Shopify.

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1227 109 297

@VRuler I'm not sure, it will depend on your setup. If you're using the Amazon sales channel, Shopify support may be able to help (that channel was buggy for me when I tried it a few years ago so I never used it since). If you're using Codisto (the app I use to import orders), their app support can help you out.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes
VRuler
Excursionist
15 2 2

@JoesIdeas 
I'm using the Amazon sales channel, never had this issue before and I'm getting ping-ponged around by both supports. Amazon blames Shopify, Shopify blames Amazon.

Are you using Codisto with FBA?

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1227 109 297

No I just use Codisto to pull in FBM orders placed on Amazon, then that triggers fulfillment by the fulfillment service attached to them. For FBA I use Order Automator app to automatically fulfill orders on Shopify via Amazon FBA. For orders on Amazon that are FBA, I don't import them, just leave them for Amazon to handle.

0 Likes