Amazon order

toco
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi everyone,

I have an Amazon account. and I had an order on Amazon 2 days ago. Now, I created a link between my Shopify Store and my Amazon Account. and then the order on Amazon appeared on Shopify Store automatically.

This is Amazon order, not a Shopify store order. So, the payment will be on Amazon or Shopify store? and If I create a shipping label for this order on Amazon, it will be fulfilled on Shopify store automatically.

Thanks

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1188 104 285

The payment will happen wherever the customer makes the purchase, sounds like Amazon in this case, so Shopify payments won't be involved.

For shipping / fulfillment it will depend on your setup. If you're fulfilling with FBA, then I recommend not importing the orders to Shopify. If you're fulfilling by FBM, then I would create the label off-amazon, since you're fulfilling off-Amazon.

If it helps, the setup I use is:

- Use Amazon FBA to fulfill items ordered from Amazon

- For items listed on Amazon that aren't FBA, import them via the app Codisto, then fulfill from Shopify using an app (EasyShip and Shippo are my 2 favs).

- For items ordered on Shopify, sync them with Amazon FBA so fulfillment / shipping happens automatically.

Here's the full setup: https://speedboostr.com/automate-order-fulfillment-on-shopify.

I work with a lot of stores that sell on both Shopify + Amazon, there are a few different ways to organize the system, so the exact answer to your question depends on your setup, but that info I gave is based on the setup I use + the most common setup I see for stores that sell on both channels.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
0 Likes