Solved

An Expired Domain Renewal

kelvincuts
Tourist
4 0 1

My domain expired 4 days ago and have been trying yo contact shopify support to try and help me to renew it but I still haven't received any assistance.

I've read quite a bit about shopify's domain renewals and learned that only shopify support can assist with this. 

Can I get some assistance from someone who can help me with this?   

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (2)
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @kelvincuts. Sorry to hear you haven’t gotten a response to your support request yet! How did you reach out? Was it via email? Did you receive a ticket number?

You’re correct that you need to contact a Support Advisor for assistance with renewing an expired domain. We need to access your account in order to do so, so reaching out through the Help Center for support by live chat, email, or callback is required, as we are unable to provide account-specific support like this in the Community at this time. Since you have already sent in a support request, you will receive a response back, so thank you for your patience as we work on assisting each merchant as quickly as we can.

I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. But if there are any other questions or concerns I can address for you, please let me know. Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hello, @Atelierbka. Sorry to hear you are having issues with renewing your domain, updating your registrar email address and contacting support. I can see why you’re frustrated! Let me guide you towards a solution.

Oftentimes when registrar information is not allowing an update, the reason is due to the formatting of some other piece of contact information. Therefore, please double check that your phone number and zip/postal code are entered in the correct format for your country. Additionally, the name or company field cannot contain any special characters or numbers; A name with letters only is required here. 

If you are unsure of the correct formatting for your registrar information based on your location, please let me know which country you are located in and the domain name you are wanting to renew, and I can do my best to further advise on the formatting.

How long has your domain been expired? For domains within 40 days of expiring, the renewal will need to be done manually from our end, as explained in this Help Doc

We’ll need to access your account in order to assist with this. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. (If it’s been longer than 40 days since your domain has expired, the Support Advisor you speak with will also be able to advise on how to obtain a renewal). 

Since this is the next step, I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. But please do let me know if I can help with anything else.

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

kelvincuts
Tourist
4 0 1

I forgot to mention that I've already contacted Shopify support through their approved support channels but haven't received a response yet.

Any assistance on this will be greatly appreciated. 

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @kelvincuts. Sorry to hear you haven’t gotten a response to your support request yet! How did you reach out? Was it via email? Did you receive a ticket number?

You’re correct that you need to contact a Support Advisor for assistance with renewing an expired domain. We need to access your account in order to do so, so reaching out through the Help Center for support by live chat, email, or callback is required, as we are unable to provide account-specific support like this in the Community at this time. Since you have already sent in a support request, you will receive a response back, so thank you for your patience as we work on assisting each merchant as quickly as we can.

I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. But if there are any other questions or concerns I can address for you, please let me know. Thanks!

pbhairsalon
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I have emailed Shopify to help me renew my expired Shopify, but I haven't received any answer yet. The first email I sent was 2 days ago, and the other one was 10 minutes ago. My website is down, and my customers can't navigate my online store. It used to be easier to contact the support center, but I can't seem to find help. 

Thanks so much 

I hope to hear from you as soon as possible 

--Eda

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @pbhairsalon! Thanks for reaching out. You’ve taken the correct steps by sending in an email in order to get your domain renewed. We are currently experiencing a very high support demand, so thanks for your patience as our support team works as quickly as they can to reply to each email.

Did you receive a ticket number for the emails you sent in? If you did, this means your support request has been submitted and it is in the queue, so you should be hearing back soon. (For future reference, making multiple support requests doesn’t speed up the response time. It actually just adds to the queue and so it can take longer to get to each email if there are more than one request from each merchant). 

However, I understand the urgency of your situation, so I wanted to check in to see if you’ve received a reply to your email yet? If you haven’t I recommend reaching out through live chat or phone callback instead so that you can receive more immediate assistance, and get your store back up and running as soon as possible. 

Let me know if I can be of any further help!

Atelierbka
Visitor
1 0 0

For days I am trying to renew my expired domain. I spend hours but nothing works.

On top of that I am not able to access to live support for hours. 

It is really frustrating. The email address written in my registrar page is wrong I tried millions times to change it but I receive save failure message. As the email address is wrong I am not able to make verification as a result my web site stays suspended. I need to get in touch with some potential  business partners but I am waiting to my website to be active before that so I need help asap. 

Thanks Regards

Buket

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hello, @Atelierbka. Sorry to hear you are having issues with renewing your domain, updating your registrar email address and contacting support. I can see why you’re frustrated! Let me guide you towards a solution.

Oftentimes when registrar information is not allowing an update, the reason is due to the formatting of some other piece of contact information. Therefore, please double check that your phone number and zip/postal code are entered in the correct format for your country. Additionally, the name or company field cannot contain any special characters or numbers; A name with letters only is required here. 

If you are unsure of the correct formatting for your registrar information based on your location, please let me know which country you are located in and the domain name you are wanting to renew, and I can do my best to further advise on the formatting.

How long has your domain been expired? For domains within 40 days of expiring, the renewal will need to be done manually from our end, as explained in this Help Doc

We’ll need to access your account in order to assist with this. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. (If it’s been longer than 40 days since your domain has expired, the Support Advisor you speak with will also be able to advise on how to obtain a renewal). 

Since this is the next step, I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. But please do let me know if I can help with anything else.

SebastiPalacios
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello Helen.
I have the same problem. I can't renew my expired domain, and I also can't contact support in any way.
I need help finding a solution.

scuffedIRL
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm also having the same issue.  I cannot get in touch with support.  Can someone please assist!!