Solved

Android 10 - No push notifications

ButterbyJazz
Tourist
3 0 1

I have the Samsung S10e (SM-G970U) and I am not receiving notifications from Shopify regarding new orders on my phone. I've gone through my phone to double check that notifications are on. They are all on. Even looked at the previous thread called "Android 8 - No push notifications anymore" to see if that would help.  Nothing did.

I went through to my main screen of my account on Shopify via my cpu when I go through to the Settings area, then I click on Notifications, when I scroll down to the Staff notifications area I see my email address that I use for my account but I don't see my recent phone (See screen shot).  It shows my previous phone that I had (Samsung Note 8). I don't see any way to add my present phone model. I would think that the app would have picked that up and automatically added onto the list.

I have missed a few orders due to this issue and have now had to set up a filtering system with my emails as a backup just in case to send me notifications regarding my orders. I've un-installed and then re-installed the app without any improvements to the issue. Is anyone else dealing with this problem and is Shopify aware of it?

InkedShopify staff notifications_LI.jpg

Accepted Solution (1)

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @ButterbyJazz!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the notifications. I'd be happy to help with this!

If you're using an android device that suddenly stops receiving notifications, you can follow these steps to get that fixed:

1. Log out of the app by going to Store > Settings > Log Out.
  2. On your device, navigate to Settings > Apps & Notifications > App Info
  3. Tap on the Shopify App >  Storage > Clear Cache.
  4. Tap Clear Data.
  5. Now uninstall the app.
  6. Restart your device.
  7. Once it's back up and running, go to the Play Store and re-install the app.
  8. Log in to the app.
  9. Send a test notification from the admin to confirm.
    • Go to Store > Settings in your app.
    • Under Store settings, tap Notifications.
    • Scroll to the Staff order notifications section.
    • Tap on Send test notification.

I've also gone ahead and sent over an email to you if you'd like me to escalate this up to our Technical team. They'd be happy to look into it if you're still unable to receive notifications after following the steps above.

Let me know how you did! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @ButterbyJazz!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the notifications. I'd be happy to help with this!

If you're using an android device that suddenly stops receiving notifications, you can follow these steps to get that fixed:

1. Log out of the app by going to Store > Settings > Log Out.
  2. On your device, navigate to Settings > Apps & Notifications > App Info
  3. Tap on the Shopify App >  Storage > Clear Cache.
  4. Tap Clear Data.
  5. Now uninstall the app.
  6. Restart your device.
  7. Once it's back up and running, go to the Play Store and re-install the app.
  8. Log in to the app.
  9. Send a test notification from the admin to confirm.
    • Go to Store > Settings in your app.
    • Under Store settings, tap Notifications.
    • Scroll to the Staff order notifications section.
    • Tap on Send test notification.

I've also gone ahead and sent over an email to you if you'd like me to escalate this up to our Technical team. They'd be happy to look into it if you're still unable to receive notifications after following the steps above.

Let me know how you did! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

ButterbyJazz
Tourist
3 0 1
Yes! It worked! Thank you so much! You are a wizard!
ButterbyJazz
Tourist
3 0 1
You are a wizard! It worked! Thank you so much!
Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

You're so welcome! I'm absolutely thrilled that it's back to notify you again.

There's nothing like the sound of that amazing Shopify app notification for orders coming through! Glad that you can get that working on your device.

Keep me in the loop if you have any other challenges with the notifications on your Android.

AMack
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello.  I followed all of the steps, and I'm still not receiving notifications via the app. The "send test notification" didn't work either. I only get e-mail notifications. Please assist. 

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Thanks for the reply on this thread, @AMack. One common step that is missed is to enable the notifications in the mobile app before troubleshooting with the steps I outlined in this thread. Make sure that you've enabled those notifications first and restart your device to make sure that you're getting those order notifications to your phone. Let me know if you get stuck on any of the steps!

AWAhairoil
Visitor
1 0 0

I've recently changed phones a few months ago. I deleted cache and it rebooted but now no notification is coming on my android again. Is it because I've got a new phone? I don't know how to add new device to shopify ? Or does it automatically recognise my new device? Can't get any sound or push notifications and tried everything 

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@AWAhairoil if you recently got a new phone, the app won't automatically send notifications without setting that up. Did you manage to enable the notifications using the Android steps in this particular help guide?

Jaspbur756
Excursionist
15 0 3

Hi,

I have 2 Shopify Stores, but I can only seem to get the Ka-Ching Notification Sound for one Store, and this is the one that's showing when I look at the Shopify App's Notification Settings in my Android Phone's Settings.
The Notifications come through, but not with the Sound, which can't be adjusted as the Phone's Settings seem to allow adjusting the Sound/Notifications from the 1st Store only, not the 2nd.

Can you assist with this please?

Focused4ever
Excursionist
46 0 3

Hello Lilith, I'm also having a similar problem to this issue except my issue is that my messages come through to my phone but they are coming through up to a full day later. For example I had a customer contact me yesterday, thank goodness I was in front of my computer so I was able to solve the problem for them But it didn't come through to my phone until today. Now what could I do to fix this particular problem? Thank you