Annual Paying to get "THIRD" party carrier calculated rates?

1 0 0

Hello, I see that one of the benefits to paying annually is getting carrier calculated shipping rates. Before I pay, I want to make sure this can apply to any third party carrier calculated shipping rates". We utilize advanced shipping manager on another store and have a third party carrier for shipping. This non usps,ups,fedex,dhl etc.. 

I believe it should work as all third party api is needed to achieve rates but wanted to make sure before I purchase the annual plan. 

Thank you for your help. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1049 61 197

Hey, @txhepoker!

The Carrier Calculate Shipping rates feature (CCS) that you're referring to does come free with an annual payment of the Shopify subscription, or we can add it to your account for USD 20/month. The feature allows you to connect your own courier accounts for USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL Express, & Canada Post. However, It does not allow you to add other couriers.

That said, some shipping apps such as the one you're using (Advanced Shipping Manager) would require this feature to be enabled for their API to reflect different shipping rates & couriers. These couriers do not need to be the same as the ones listed above. Using an app would be the only way additional couriers could be added. 

If you intend to use Advanced Shipping Manager to display rates from other couriers, then I'd recommend touching base with their support support@kingwebmaster.com. They'd be able to answer any questions you have surrounding what couriers they provide, and how to get them added to your Shopify store. 

Hopefully, this answer provides some insight into how the CCS feature works. If you have any questions, please let me know!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes