Any way to claim or delete a store?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hello,

I need a solution to find out the admin/developer of a store and remove that store. It was basically a dummy store made by someone long time ago. Now we need that to be down. But we can't find out the admin/developer contact.

Is there any way to find out the developers' details or claim that store and delete the store?

Thanks
Obaid
(ThemeNut)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

Hello, @ThemeNut !

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! Is the store still up and running if you visit the shop URL? I ask this because if a plan isn't chosen within the free trial then the store would close by itself and wouldn't be viewable online. Who are you in association to this store or the store owner? Have you ever been able to log into that Shopify Admin and adjust the store before?

Can you tell me more about the situation so that I can look into this for you? 

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hello @Karlie,

Thanks for your response. 

The store is up and running now, as it was opened through a developer panel may be. And that was annoying, as the company owner already have their store live. So they don't need this development store. And they are not having any idea of the developer now. 

Here is the store URL - https://blazing-hamboards.myshopify.com/

Thanks
Obaid
(ThemeNut)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

Hey, @ThemeNut!

Karlie here! Okay, so we can look into changing the account ownership for you, but I would first need to take this conversation to email so I can escalate this up to our internal team. I'm going to send an email to the same email address associated with your Shopify Forums Community account. Please get back to me by replying to that email. 

I'll be in touch! 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Karlie -

I found this thread looking for help with the same thing. The name of my business (which is pending trademark approval) is already claimed and not in use on Shopify. Can you help with this? The store I just started up is https://hi-baby-co.myshopify.com/, but the one I would like to claim is https://hi-baby.myshopify.com/

Any help would be appreciated! 

Jess

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

Hello, @hibaby !

Karlie here! There isn't a way for you to claim .myshopify.com URLs, unfortunately. Once you create your store and a .myshopify.com URL is created - that URL acts as an identifier to Shopify support for your store. We don't have any way to move a .myshopify.com URL over to an already existing account, I'm afraid. However, you do have the ability to change your store name at any time. Changing your store name will not change your .myshopify.com URL - however, it will change the store name for your customers when they view your store. You can change your store name by going into your Shopify Admin> Settings> General section

You also have the option to use a custom domain URL to cover up your current .myshopify.com URL. By pointing a custom domain to your store, your customers will only see your custom domain. So, you could potentially look into having a custom domain like hi-baby.com - if that is available when you go to purchase. If you're interested in going this route, then you can use this guide to help you buy or set up a custom domain URL. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

0 Likes