Any way to update all URL handles these days?

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi guys,

I am looking for a solution to bulk update all my URL handles to it's title. Because of importing my products and automated editing after my url handles all got long, useless names.

All i really want to do is updating all URL handles to it's title.

Yet i can not find any single solution for this. Yes i found one app at $45. But i am kind of done paying for external apps for every, single, little thing i have to do.

Is there any solution to do this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
93 1 12

Hi there Allard!

Alexa here with the Shopify team.

There is a neat way to bulk edit your URL and handles within the Shopify Admin without having to download a third party application. 

If you head over to your Products, and click on the box to select all products and then the blue print that states 'Select all 50+ products from your store'. Next, click on Edit Products. You can view the steps for this here. 

Once you've entered the bulk editor, you can add the field to edit your URL and handles by clicking on Add fields, and under the section SEO select URL and handles. You can see the steps for this here

I hope you found this helpful!

Best regards,

Alex | Customer Success Guru | Shopify

Alex | Customer Success Guru | Shopify
2 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi Alexa,

So i figured. Yet i like having a webshop i am not the kind of guy that will manually edit 7000+ products :').

Anyways i did automate the task so my problem is solved in the meanwhile.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

How did you manage to automate this process? Having the same problem! 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

That doesn't seem to be a great answer sorry, Alexa! If you do what you suggested it doesn't seem to create an automatic re-direct from the old link to the new. Beware of this if your website has any sort of SEO as you will just create lots of bad links.

Also, you still have to do each one manually. This does stop you from having to click into each page but that's it.

Not really a solution!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

Any update? My current URL is

https://my domain/products/10pcs-lot-kids-baby-cartoon-animal-jammers-stop-edge-corner-guards-door-s...

I know it generated upon product imported from oberlo. But my current product title is "Cute Door Jammer".

I know possible to update URL by edit each product. But how can I bulk update  the url for all imported products? Like a "refresh all product URL based on latest product title"

2 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Does any Shopify staff have an answer to this? 

I need this exactly! >>>  "refresh all product URL based on latest product title"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1 0 0

Hi All, 

We faced the same issue and struggled for months. We developed an application to smoothly and easily change the URL handles in bulk. Please check: https://primesellerhub.com/2018/11/30/shopify-app-updating-handles-bulk/

In case you face any issue please reach out at info@primesellerhub.com

Regards, 

Alok

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Can you please tell us how you did it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

@Alexa4 wrote:

Hi there Allard!

Alexa here with the Shopify team.

There is a neat way to bulk edit your URL and handles within the Shopify Admin without having to download a third party application. 

If you head over to your Products, and click on the box to select all products and then the blue print that states 'Select all 50+ products from your store'. Next, click on Edit Products. You can view the steps for this here. 

Once you've entered the bulk editor, you can add the field to edit your URL and handles by clicking on Add fields, and under the section SEO select URL and handles. You can see the steps for this here

I hope you found this helpful!

Alexa4,

I found this comment to be very relevant and useful. Thank you. I became aware of an issue my site was having that saved the URL as "product/copy-of..." after using the duplicate feature to simplify our process of creating new products. I used the bulk editor to change those URLs to their current title by simply deleting the section after product/, and let shopify autocomplete the URL. You can do this individually on each product, but being able to filter by "copy of" and then using the bulk editor, I easily saved about an hours worth of work.

2 Likes