Anyone else having sudden peak in sales now?

Excursionist
36 0 9

@Mary Garman yes you can use Instagram without smart phone by www.bluestacks.com . it Android Emulator and you will have access to the android apps from there

0 Likes
Excursionist
36 0 9

@Corliss Turner lookign at your store and product, you should go to influencers on Instagram. Contact them and offer free hair extension in exchange for shoutouts. Reach to the ones with 200K above followers. You will for sure get sales and followers. And followers will be potential future customers.

for me FB never worked , i paid regularly on ads there and no sales not much followers but I am doing great on Instagram and pinterest. Also i did one time advertisement on Reddit, it was not bad. I got my money back on sales no profit and it was ok for first try , but those people may shop again or they may have followed any of my social accounts. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi David,

It would also help to mention the Geographic Location of your store, since you mentioned having a home based store, and maybe build trust gradually, by having a soft pop up indicating an amount of discount in $s for first purchase subscribed customers (That's what could make you stand out in your specific niche precisely, more than spending too much on Traffic ... Just tell the truth to the visitors about what people can HELP with besides benefiting themselves if they make a purcahse at Darphire (makes me sense it's Darphore USE THE REAL HUMANE STORY, because people sense things and they need to see the truth ) ; make them feel good about themselves if they buy from you).

Also you have some small yet reflecting errors in your About Us section, which is more likely the place a potential would click first.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
14 0 1

Corliss, here's the most straightforward answer I can provide. It may not be the right answer, given my lack of details and in depth knowledge of your business, but I suspect it is. 

You are doing your own marketing. That's it. Would you represent yourself in court or build your own house? How successful would you be if you did? Marketing is a skilled profession so you either need to hire a marketing professional or become a professional to produce any worthwhile results.

That being said, you are a very smart person and you're doing a great job with your site and brand. I think you just need a little guidance with your marketing efforts. 

Here's something actionable that you can do that has been working well for my ecommerce clients:

Sign up for Holr. Holr will automatically send a message to new Instagram or Twitter followers.

Create a Shopify coupon with an insane incentive and an expiration date. Don't be afraid to spend 1-2 times more than your average order amount to get a new customer. You'll make that money back with reorders (provided you're marketing to incentivize reorders).

Here's one you can try:

50% off, 5 day expiration

Name the coupon 5DAYCOUNTDOWN 

This will work better than say a coupon named 50%OFF or a random code, because there's a psychological trigger... the countdown. It implies scarcity which incentives faster action. 

Message to follower examples (you should change, but keep it succinct):

Thanks FollowerName for following us. If you have any questions about hair extensions, beauty, or anything else, send us a direct message or email: ______. If you're looking for new extensions, here's a 50% off coupon, but hurry it expires in 5 days! Visit: ________. Use code 5DAYCOUNTDOWN at checkout.

This next one may convert better, so you'll want to test different variations for 2-4 weeks to see which gets the best results.

Thanks FollowerName for following us. Here's a 50% off coupon, but hurry it expires in 5 days! Visit: ________. Use code 5DAYCOUNTDOWN at checkout.

Try this, email me (hello at buckhorn.marketing) in a month with the results. Provided I have the time, I'll give you the next step in getting conversions from Instagram or we can work on improving this one if it's underperforming.

I'll also add that the Shopify "experts" and "partners" are not always that. Anyone can sign up to be a partner, there's no barrier to entry. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
14 0 1

Mary, to use Instagram without a phone:

Schedugr.am (industry standard)

Wisel.it (too buggy, but worked okay for single post per day)

0 Likes
23 0 0

Buckhorn I will try this exactly as you say for four weeks because that is my deadline Dec.31. Yes I am doing my own advertisement I have been mostly focusing suggestions in emails from shopify or some other information I can get. I haven't hired anyone because I felt like if my SEO Product content photos are tight then I am throwing money in the air. I will spend the next four weeks trying this and I appreciate it very much.

0 Likes
5 0 0

YES - and be careful.  I have had a sudden spike in online sales and it is due to FRAUDULENT transactions.  Take your time to vet your customers, re-visit your fraud filters and good luck!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

I'm assuming that you sell a consumer product that people may purchase as Christmas presents. If that is the case then I would expect to see peak sales this week, then gradually go down until Christmas before rising again in the January Sale if you have one. Typically sales in physical stores will peak a week to 2 behind that a little closer to Christmas.

This has certainly been the case for the sores i have been involved with the the last 5 years or so. 

0 Likes
1 0 1

I had the same thing happen via pinterest last month and haven't been able to replicate it ...

1 Like
Shopify Expert
101 1 15

Getting spike in sales is the best feeling a new store owner can get! I personally remember working with a personalised gift store owner. We managed to increase their sales from 2-3 orders a day to 15-25/day in just one month.

For this, I have tricks and you can do it for yourself too. I followed the exact same method that we teach here on Shopify.

After huge request on creating a step by step guide on this, I will be posting a full detailed process on our blog. Hope that will help the community :)

Make sure to follow me on Twitter or Subcribe to Blog so you get informed when it comes out next week!

Cheers,

Hamza

For FREE advice or projects, please email me directly on: hamza@xperteria.com
0 Likes