Anyone in a luxury (expensive) goods business here?

Tourist
11 0 2

Hi everyone,

I'd lve to hear from businesses that sell expensive items online ($250+)

How do you guys get customers? Where is your main traffic coming from? Any tips? What's the trick to convert a visitor into a buyer ezcept the obvious small discount offer and free shipping?

Thank you in advance for all relies!

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
90 0 24
That is a complex question. I sell many products over $250 and some are $2500. To Determine what advertising platform to use, you must know your audience. Are they hanging out on Facebook or are they busineas people who probably use LinkedIn. Do they buy based on how a product looks or do they know exactly what kind of product they want. in terms of website, you must have great design and include truat elements in your website, such as a toll free number ao folks can call and speak to a live human being if needed.
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
26 0 14

I'm in the luxury beauty space. Most of my products are $200+ and have to be repurchased every 30 days.

I dabble in advertising (espeicially brand search and re-targeting) but my most succesfull traffic comes from PR media placements and bloggers/social influencers. On the the influencer side, an affiliate program is a must.

Once someone does purchase, its all about providing a high quality experience and building referrals.

0 Likes
1 0 1

I own a leather handbag business where the concept is affordable luxury (up to $428).

My most successful campaigns have been through my email list. Sending them not only newsletters, but also value once in a while (How to... Top 5... Favorite... Best... etc) so they want to hear from you. Then you give them offers to direct traffic and add scarcity to the offer so they should buy within a timeframe. 

I collect the emails every chance I get, but mainly through giveaways with bloggers and on my website. Facebook ads have been doing well lately as well, especially when Retargeting. 

Hope that helps and good luck!

1 Like
8 0 0
Jen I absolutely love your website! Just gave me loads of inspiration just viewing it! I am struggling very hard so if you have any tips please share♡ I absolutely love running my site, but business isnt consistent enough and Im becoming frustrated. If you have it in your heart and can find the time please share some of your valuable tips!!! Thank you!
0 Likes
4 0 0

We consider The Well Appointed Gentleman (thewellappointedgentleman.com) to be luxury aspirational.  Our highest priced item is $1700 but our lowest can be had for $1.50.  I agree with other posters: find where your customers congregate and figure out how to put your product/brand in front of their eyes.  If you are just starting out, measure your success in quality traffic converting browsers into followers, list subscribers, etc.  The buyers will come.  One word: funnel.  Quality customers take work - you want them coming back and buying again, right?

0 Likes
5 0 0

Jen, I love your website too!

0 Likes
1 0 1

Pinterest Pinterest Pinterest. Instagram Instagram Instagram.

I have had a luxury jewelry line for 3 years on shopify. Pinterest and Instagram without a doubt have been the lead conduit to my website and wholesale accounts. It has introduced me to bloggers, excellent retailers and a faithful growing repeat customer base. We post twice a day on Instagram and Pinterest. We try and create beautiful images of our product and only post images that speak to the identity of our brand. Our business has not been meteoric but has doubled every year.

It is an extremely difficult marketplace to distinguish your brand. If it is luxury, everything you do needs to be of the level of sophistication that matches your brand's image. If you can find an intern from a university who is a savvy social media user see if you can pay them an hourly fee to start creating a strong and consistent presence on social media - it will be a major driver of potential customers to your website.

Open a business account on Pinterest and create Buy Buttons for the products you post. Post your entire line on Pinterest in categories. Flesh out who you are as a brand by posting on boards that show the inspiration for your product. 

Get a shopify app that gets testimonials for users of your product. 

Everything I have done to grow my business has been learning from other people. Reading books by people that are marketplace gurus like Seth Godin. Following other people who are competitors and seeing how they are building their following. 

Keep using the forum. You will learn from your peers who are willing to share their trial and error process. Don't get discouraged. It's a lot of work but if you love what you're doing that's all that matters.

Julie

www.juliecohndesign.com

1 Like
8 0 0
Thank you for that much needed motivation Julie.
0 Likes
1 0 0

I have had a luxury jewelry line for 3 years on shopify. Pinterest and Instagram without a doubt have been the lead conduit to my website and wholesale accounts. It has introduced me to bloggers, excellent retailers and a faithful growing repeat customer base. We post twice a day on Instagram and Pinterest. We try and create beautiful images of our product and only post images that speak to the identity of our brand. Our business has not been meteoric but has doubled every year.

0 Likes