Anyone know a tool/app to calculate best hour and day of week for sales for a Shopify store?

cdeeezy
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good tool that can easily tell us at any given point which day of the week, and which hour (or best performing hours on each day), our store converts the most sales?

I looked around at a lot of the analytics apps but didn't see anything that specifically addressed this.

Would love to find a solution so we can better tune our ad spending around optimal performing times, and decrease on days or hours of the day where we make little to no sales.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Replies 6 (6)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @cdeeezy.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That's a great question!

While I can't be sure if any of the analytic apps offer the ability to measure data down to the timestamps (eg. hours and minutes); however, many of them do offer the ability to analyze your store's performance using daily, weekly, or monthly measures.

I'd recommend taking a look at Lucky Orange or DeepMine, as they're both able to provide that type of reporting, and they can help increase your conversions. Lucky Orange also provides heatmaps, so you can see where your customers are clicking, and when they are leaving or abandoning their carts. If you need any help with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers through the contact information found in the Support section of their app pages. 

That being said, which other analytics apps have you already tried? 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

cdeeezy
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks, will check them out. Haven’t tried any specific analytics apps besides what Shopify provides natively...though the data is there, Shopify unfortunately doesn’t display these metrics. 

We are trying to find a reporting tool for Shopify that can show the best to worst days for sales conversions (e.g. 40% of sales occur on Sunday between 4-8p PST, 5% on Wednesday, etc) in real-time. Best days for sales, hour windows per day is what we’re looking for essentially to help us better fine-tune our marketing for our clients here.

I don’t see these mentioned in either of the tools or preview images, but contacted their support folks to see if they do in fact have this built-in.

🙂

Anto_S
Shopify Partner
148 4 19

@cdeeezy 

We can help you with this if you haven't found a solution already. Please email me at anto@opstack.co

thanks

Anto

Automating Commerce at Comstack.co
Email: anto@comstack.co
cdeeezy
Tourist
3 0 1

@Anto_S i haven’t, only one of the two apps’ mentioned bothered to reply. Please email me at hello@themeowy.com and let me know how you could assist. 

Justin_Anyanwu
Excursionist
22 0 6

Hey, I believe you can actually do this using Shopify's "Sales over time" report.
Simply select "Day Of Week" to see the most popular days for sales.
Or "Hour of Day" to see the most popular hour of days of sales.

ayanausui
Visitor
1 0 2

Hey there! We actually tackled this in a Parabola flow in this thread if you'd like to go check it out. It's set up so you can customize it by: 

• Day of Week
  • Hourly
  • Day of Week and Hourly

If you get stuck or have questions on this, feel free to reach out to the support team at help@parabola.io