Apple Pay Express Checkout Buttons Not Showing

2 0 0

Hi,

We are using the Debut theme at store.niroga.org.  We have selected Apple Pay as an express checkout option but the Apple Pay Express Pay buttons are not appearing on the checkout information page or the cart.  Can you let us know what can be done so that they show up?

thank you,

Heidi

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
348 31 74

Hi, @Niroga!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for letting me know your Apple Pay buttons are not appearing on your device. There are a couple of rules set by Apple that will determine when Apple Pay will show, and I'll outline them below. Please check each of these and let me know if this fixes the issue for you.

To enable the Apple Pay button for your online store, you must meet the following requirements:

• You must be using one of the following credit card payment providers:
    • Shopify Payments
    • Stripe
    • First Data Payeezy
    • Authorize.net
    • CyberSource
  • You must have SSL activated on your store domain.
  • Your store must follow Apple's Acceptable Use Guidelines.

To see the Apple Pay button, your customers must use Safari on iOS 12.1 or macOS 10.14.1 on one of the following devices:

• iPhone (SE, 6, 6 Plus, or newer)
  • iPad (Pro, Air 2, mini 3, or newer)
  • Apple Watch
  • MacBook Pro with Touch ID
  • Any Mac model (2012 or newer) plus an Apple Pay-enabled iPhone or Apple Watch

You also need to make sure of the following steps:

• Password page must be disabled for Apple Pay to show.
  • If you're using a cart drawer (pulls out from the side or top of the store) or pop up cart, you may not see the Apple Pay button. You can add code into your store to fix this. The required code can be found here.
  • Customer accounts must be "Optional" or "Disabled". You can check this in Settings > Checkout. Please ensure customer accounts are not "Required".

Lastly, please ensure you've got Apple Pay selected as an option with your Payment Provider. For Shopify Payments, you can check this by heading to Settings > Payments and clicking "Manage" next to Shopify Payments.

If you've checked the above and your still not seeing Apple Pay on your store, please let me know as we may need our technical support team to take a look at the account for you.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Miles,

We checked through the list of items in your email and verified that everything you have suggested is in place.  Testing is taking place on a Macbook Air from 2019 using MacOS 10.15.7 and an iphone X. Screenshots attached.  Any other suggestions?  Thank you, Heidi

screenshot from computer using Safari 14.0.1screenshot from computer using Safari 14.0.1screenshot from iphone X using safariscreenshot from iphone X using safari

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
348 31 74

Hi @Niroga!

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I've had a chat with our technical support team and they would like to take a closer look at this for you. To do this, I need to access your account. I've sent you an email to the email address registered on this post. If you could please reply to that message I will get the ball rolling.

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello,

I am facing the same issue. I have made sure that Apple Pay has been ticked under the accelerated checkouts but when I land on the checkout page, the Apple Pay button isn't visible. Can you assist me?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
348 31 74

Hi @LiDinh!

Are you able to provide the details of your site (your website URL will do) so I can check this out for you?

Can you also confirm you've read through this post and confirmed there are no issues with any of these steps and requirements?

I look forward to hearing back from you and helping out!

0 Likes