Apply discount together with free shipping

netfast
Tourist
4 0 10

Does anyone bother reading the thread? Bombard their Facebook page. Waste of time adding your name to some imaginary update poll here.

lesterdefreitas
Shopify Expert
9 0 4

Please add a vote for the ability to combine free shipping with a discount amount from us as well!

Lester de Freitas The Web Elite | Shopify Experts
netfast
Tourist
4 0 10

Waste of time. Read above post. 

julyitnow
1 0 0

they will never do it since it is much more profitable to get money from 3d party apps )))) your votes are useless)))

0 Likes
shoploulous
1 0 0

Please add my vote as well. It is very frustrating I cannot offer free shipping and % off, or stacked coupons. Overall I really like Shopify, however this is a big downside to online selling through Shopfiy.

0 Likes
supraendura
1 0 0

yes, please offer a discount code + free shipping, this is a need! add my vote!

0 Likes
Nick007
1 0 0

yes please add the ability to stack discount types onto ONE coupon code.  this seems so intuitive i don't know why it wasn't created from the beginning!?

0 Likes

We ended up biting the bullet and used a paid app.  Discount Ninja.  I liked this app so much I made video about it here: https://www.afterdarkgrafx.com/combine-discount-code-free-shipping-shopify/  

It is silly that Shopify does not offer this simple ability on their basic platform   - Anyway, we are not affiliated with them, I just tested out several apps and this one stood out.  It starts at $29/mo but pays for itself.  - good luck

James Byrne, Owner, Information Architect (USMC VET)
After Dark Grafx - Since 1992
"We Work After Dark, So You Don't Have To!"
https://www.afterdarkgrafx.com

Services: Website Design, Mobile App Development (iOS, Android, Windows), Ecommerce, Magento, Shopify, Miva, BigCommerce, Search Engine Optimization, Wordpress, Hosting, Graphic Design, Merchant Accounts, Consulting and all things web related!

Certified Partner/Developer/Affiliates: Shopify, Google Integrator, Wordpress, Zoho, AuthorizeNet, Geotrust and a Member of the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, Veteran Owned Businesses, Veteran's In Business Network.

I also build custom apps for Shopify!
RubyOfTheSea
1 0 0

we need this desperately as well. This will allow us discounted $ + free shipping (for local pickup) and simplify our account. Seems pretty straight forward needs for business owners.

Count me vote in pls

0 Likes
SophieThwaites
1 0 0

I have the same problem too, and would like to add my vote. I have automation emailed discounts of 10% for abandoned checkouts, but i will then get emails from some customers saying that they then no longer qualify for free shipping, rendering the 10% useless. So then i have to spend time making a special code just for them, figuring out what the discount would've been based on their cart and getting to the closest %age. 

0 Likes