Apply discount together with free shipping

1 0 1

Add our vote. We provide free evaluation samples to our clinical referral sources. They need to be able to order their samples online with a discount code. 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

hey, we need this feature too!!!

1 Like
1 0 1

I don't believe you. Another "shopifier" posted some code that "used" to work. After a short time it no longer works, my guess is Shopify changed something to break it so that we have to spend extra on apps that shopify gets a percentage of. many other platforms do not do this, they allow combined discount codes or discount codes that do more than one thing. Such as 10% off and free shipping. Shopify can fix this easily (I'm a programmer and I know you can) but you don't want to. Please just be honest with everyone and tell the truth so we can decide if its financially sensible to stay at Shopify or leave.

1 Like
2 0 0

@Peter wrote:

Hey, there! 

Peter here from Shopify Support!

Natively, it's not currently possible to stack discount codes to offer both free shipping and discounted products. That said, I was able to find an existing feature request to have this added to your platform from other store owners who've requested the same thing. I've gone ahead and added your vote to this request to show our developers there is further interest in getting this added. Should this be something we're able to launch, then we'll make an announcement on our announcement page to keep everyone in the loop! 

In terms of a workaround, you could offer a free shipping rate, while still offering a discount code at the checkout which would give the best of both worlds. That said, the shipping rate can only be set per country, and not per product which does throw a wrench into things if you're hoping to limit free shipping to a specific product/collection. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support 

Any updates on this issue?  It would be great to offer a discount AND free shipping to customers.  

0 Likes
1 0 1

Hi Peter,

Can you put us on the vote as well? We have many dealer/builder accounts buying from us including D2C and our dealer/builder's use shipping accounts and charging them for shipping is redundant and frustrating.

Thanks!

1 Like
1 0 1

HI Peter,

We also urge for this feature too and please kindly assist.  Thank!

Joyce.

1 Like