Apply discount together with free shipping

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 9

Hi,

Is there a way I can apply a fixed discount (or percentage) together with free shipping? Or any workaround?

Thanks

6 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 4

Hi,

Yes, there's a way in Shopify to apply discount together with shipping, please find the below URL :

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/discount-codes/create-discount-codes

Hope this will help, let me know in case if you have some question.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 9

I went through the link but couldn't quite figure out how I can give a fixed value discount and free shipping together. It says I can exlude free shipping over certain amount but I want to give some of my users a flat discount AND free shipping. Could you explain how it can be done?

Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 271

Hey, there! 

Peter here from Shopify Support!

Natively, it's not currently possible to stack discount codes to offer both free shipping and discounted products. That said, I was able to find an existing feature request to have this added to your platform from other store owners who've requested the same thing. I've gone ahead and added your vote to this request to show our developers there is further interest in getting this added. Should this be something we're able to launch, then we'll make an announcement on our announcement page to keep everyone in the loop! 

In terms of a workaround, you could offer a free shipping rate, while still offering a discount code at the checkout which would give the best of both worlds. That said, the shipping rate can only be set per country, and not per product which does throw a wrench into things if you're hoping to limit free shipping to a specific product/collection. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 3

We need this feature also.  Where can I go to add my vote?

Thanks!

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 271

Hey, @Hyascent!

Thank you for expressing your interest in getting this feature added to our platform. I've gone ahead and added your vote to our existing feature request so that our product team knows there's further interest in getting this implemented. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 20

Hello, we urgently need this feature as well. Is there any update on the status?

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 271

Hey, @forkandmelon!

No news on this feature request that I'd be able to share I'm afraid. May I ask what makes this an urgent requirement for your business? With further information, I can see what I can find in terms of a workaround, as well as add this to our existing feature request. 

Chat soon!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 20

Hi Peter,

Our most common discount amount is equal to the amount we charge for shipping, when customers don't hit our minimum for free shipping. Therefore, our attempts to win new customers using our current discount codes are often unhelpful, since the discount ends up putting them just under the shipping threshold, making the coupon basically worthless (if that makes sense?) Offering a larger discount, or adjusting the shipping threshold, to counter the cancellation effect would negatively affect our business, so our desire is to be able to offer the discount plus free shipping in a code to these new customers for their first order. Being able to offer free shipping along with a discount seems very basic, and in looking into this before it seems Shopify customers have been requesting it for years. Really hoping it will become a standard feature as early as possible. Thanks for your help.

14 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 11

Hi Peter,

I would both like to add my vote for this feature, and emphasize that this doesn't seem something that difficult to implement for it have taken so long to do so. You both have the ability to offer a discount on the cost, as well as free shipping, can you please explain the conditions preventing you from doing both simultaneously.

Evan

11 Likes