Apply discount together with free shipping

1 0 0

This is not what we are looking for but thank you for your interesting link. We want our stores to accept multiple discount at the same checkout. Please

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 3

Maybe Shopify would prefer everyone on this thread switched to Woo Commerce...

@areliasdream wrote:

I just switched over from woocommerce and this was a feature we had there. I want to be added to the list for voting to get this feature (Discount + free shipping) added. 

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 3

@Peter 10 pages of comments / votes and counting, dating back to 2018.

When does this simple feature request get it's time to shine?

@Peter wrote:

@whitetea 

I've added your vote & thank you for providing your additional feedback! I've added that to the feature request. 

@silviacc & @andyjmiller 

Thank you for expressing interest in this feature. I've added both of your votes to the feature request!

2 Likes
1 0 0

I would like my vote counted too. I use a promo code for local orders to enter for free shipping based on "pick up"...not being able to stack a discount and free shipping code means I can't service my local customers with the savings or customer service I would like.

@Peter wrote:

Hey, there! 

Peter here from Shopify Support!

Natively, it's not currently possible to stack discount codes to offer both free shipping and discounted products. That said, I was able to find an existing feature request to have this added to your platform from other store owners who've requested the same thing. I've gone ahead and added your vote to this request to show our developers there is further interest in getting this added. Should this be something we're able to launch, then we'll make an announcement on our announcement page to keep everyone in the loop! 

In terms of a workaround, you could offer a free shipping rate, while still offering a discount code at the checkout which would give the best of both worlds. That said, the shipping rate can only be set per country, and not per product which does throw a wrench into things if you're hoping to limit free shipping to a specific product/collection. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support 

0 Likes
5 0 0

@Peter wrote:

Hey, there! 

Peter here from Shopify Support!

Natively, it's not currently possible to stack discount codes to offer both free shipping and discounted products. That said, I was able to find an existing feature request to have this added to your platform from other store owners who've requested the same thing. I've gone ahead and added your vote to this request to show our developers there is further interest in getting this added. Should this be something we're able to launch, then we'll make an announcement on our announcement page to keep everyone in the loop! 

In terms of a workaround, you could offer a free shipping rate, while still offering a discount code at the checkout which would give the best of both worlds. That said, the shipping rate can only be set per country, and not per product which does throw a wrench into things if you're hoping to limit free shipping to a specific product/collection. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support 

It amazes me that the Shopify community is accepting this delay in adding a standard function in eCommerce to this service. This is standard on Magento and I'm willing to bet other platforms as well. 2 years and still not added is ridiculous.

What does your product development team consider a necessary feature to be added as standard to the platform if not the ability to stack discounts and specify conditions under which the discounts apply, layered navigation, and bundle products.

With my rant completed, I did manage to find an acceptable app that does what is needed but it's expensive in the long run

https://apps.shopify.com/milestones?surface_detail=coupon&surface_inter_position=4&surface_intra_pos...

0 Likes
1 0 1
Looks like this is still not available after two years of requests. Let the search for a new platform begin.
1 Like
2 0 0
Nope.
0 Likes
1 0 0

Add our vote as well. Loooooooong overdue for all of the reasons cited by various site owners and managers in this thread. Discount + free shipping is as fundamental as BOGO, GWP, etc. I'm fortunate, our company can afford a monthly app fee to stack a %-off discount with free shipping, but I shouldn't have to. This is nuts.

0 Likes
Excursionist
11 0 4
I would suggest to everyone reading this thread and who by default is
frustrated and perplexed as to why stackable discounts are purposely left
out that a more understanding and actionable response might be available
from the 3 gentlemen listed below. Feel free to drop a friendly tweet
letting them know your thoughts.

@tobi
@danielweinand
@scottica

If these 3 can’t get something done then Shopify is truly rigged

0 Likes
1 0 1

To whom it all may concern,
I am taking the time to write this as this feature would be extremely valuable to me and I have wanted it since l opened my store.
A one off discount code with free shipping has been asked for since I looked into it and launched my store in July of 2017. It is clearly a valuable for Shopify store owners and if you own a store, you know why this ask is valuable for new customer growth. I am not so sure this request is falling on deaf ears and taking votes for something that is clearly desirable for shopify store owners, asking for it in a chat forum, appears NOT to be the way to get this feature added to the platform. It seems like such a simple software tweak to the platform, that one would think, why was this not within the platform when it hit the ground running initially? Maybe there are other reasons that we, storeowners, cannot understand. But the fact remains, it continues to be asked for with no response to a timeline to get this done. This request/feature needs bigger attention and it needs to be escalated and asked for more in some other ways to get more attention, maybe social media or at a shareholder conference call question and answer session to get a senior "C" suite official to answer.
I suspect maybe one of these individuals below could get this done quickly or at least to the top of the “to do or change request list” and maybe if they are reading this will act on it and not just add my name as another ”vote”.
Tobi Lütke, Founder & Chief Executive Officer
Craig Miller, Chief Product Officer - Product and User Experience Teams at the Company.
Toby Shannan, Chief Support Officer - Customer Service Strategy for Shopify
Let me be clear, this is not a vote “yea or nay” request. It is a valuable request/feature for a shopify store owner. So if any of the individuals above are reading this, let’s get this done! And if Peter is still around, or some other shopify guru is reading this, why don’t you take a printout of this forum chat history and get it in front of the executive through your internal email network or drop it in the suggestion box!
I am sure this request shows up in several other forums/topics and is a popular request, so let’s get this done for the New Year!
Respectfully yours,
Paul R Lystiuk Shopify Shareholder & Store Owner - 3C Underwear

1 Like