Apply discount together with free shipping

1 0 2

I just switched over from woocommerce and this was a feature we had there. I want to be added to the list for voting to get this feature (Discount + free shipping) added. 

2 Likes
1 0 0

Hey everyone,

Since we are talking about free shipping, I was looking for some articles about expanding in Latin America - and especially Argentina - (since I am considering that as an option to my business) - and I found some great news about a logistics upgrade in their postal service that might be useful for you as well:

https://labs.ebanx.com/en/ecommerce/why-does-the-new-puerta-a-puerta-clear-a-promising-path-for-ecom...

https://www.infobae.com/economia/2019/04/01/arranca-el-nuevo-puerta-a-puerta-para-compras-online-al-...

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
900 49 160

@forkandmelon 

Thank you for taking the time to explain how this would benefit your business, and how by not having it negatively affects your business. I've gotten this feedback added to the existing feature request to further add to use cases for why this should be added. Using a third-party app such as Upsell may be your best route here given that you've tried all viable workarounds that exist natively within the platform. 

@KossmanDesigns @areliasdream 

I hear what you're saying, and believe me, this is a feature that I've wanted to be added to the platform for some time. Regretfully, the "why" to why we don't have it isn't something I have access to, however, I do know that these type of features aren't as easy to implement as one would expect. As you can imagine, we receive hundreds of different requests, which require a lot of man-hours to review to fully understand what would be required to get these type of features launched. As we grow, we are able to deploy more man hours to these projects to help make them a reality, so while we haven't yet gotten this added, I can say that our teams are reviewing this further. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
1 0 1

Hi Peter.

I need this feature too. I switched to Shopify on march 1st (I've beenin business for 12 years), and needed this feature so many times since. I sell offline too on certain events and offer a discount on the event. And as the customers get their goods right away of course they shall not pay for shipping.

Please put my vote in there.

Regards Tina

1 Like
1 0 3

Add my vote.  We need this feature to stack free shipping with discount.  Influencers don't want to pay shipping when getting free samples.

3 Likes
Tourist
10 0 8

We need it too. Please add this feature.

0 Likes
4 0 0
I've worked out a way around this, if it's a one off order, the customer is someone you know or is a specific individual like an influencer, wholesaler etc and you know what productsbthey want. It means you creating an order on their behalf. Instructions are for the Shopify app so may differ on desktop:

1. Go to Order section of your Shopify and click + symbol to start a new order
2. Click 'Add product' and select the products the customer wants
3. Select 'Add customer' and enter their details. Include email address and postal address
4. Select 'Add discount' and set whatever discount amount or percentage you want to offer (no option for buy x get y type discount)
5. Select 'Add shipping' and select Free shipping (you will have to set up a free shipping rate in Shipping Settings in order to be able to select this here) or select Custom shipping and I believe you can set the value as £0.00
6. If there is an amount remaining for the customer to pay you can then select 'Email invoice' further down and I believe they will receive an email with a payment link. If there is nothing for the customer to pay then you can select 'Mark as paid' and an order confirmation email will automatically be sent to the customer as if they have placed an order on your website
7. The order will now be listed in your 'Orders' section as an unfilfilled order. Simply mark it as fulfilled when you're ready to dispatch and the custoner will receive your usual order dispatch confirmation email

I've just used this to create a completely free order for a giveaway winner and it seems to have worked

I'm guessing that if the customer makes a payment then that can be refunded as normal if required later on

Hope this helps some of you out!

Chantelle
0 Likes
1 0 0
Please add my vote in support of developing a discount + free shipping coupon option. We recently converted to Shopify from Woo and this was a feature we've been using for years.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
900 49 160

Hello, Everyone!

Thank you for expressing your continued interest in getting this feature added to the Shopify platform. I've added your votes to the existing feature request so our developers are aware there's further interest in implementing stackable discounts. 

Happy selling!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 2

I've been hoping for this also since I switched from Volusion last year. It was so simple to do with them and it sounds like every other major shopping platform has this. I just went to one of my competitor's websites and a popup comes up that says "10% Off and Free Shipping on First Order with Coupon Code: XYZ". That would be huge if we could do something similar. Or is there something that I'm missing??

2 Likes