Apply discount together with free shipping

Highlighted
1 0 1

@Peter I would like to add a vote to the development of this functionality.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 10

@Peter we also desperately need this.  20 pages of customers requesting this for over 2 years. Really?  Come on Shopify, it's a major limitation and this should be managed natively without having to download more clunky bloat to our store to achieve it with apps. 

5 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

We need this feature too.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

@Peter
We also need this - limiting to one discount at a time is really hurting us. 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I also need this. This might be the determining factor on whether I stick with squarespace or migrate to Shopify. I’ve created my account and still in the discuss period, but sad to see that there is no resolution for this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

There is a solution that might work for some of you. This works if the price of the item, after the discount is applied, is unique in your shop.

Example: The price of your Item is 39.99 minus 15% discount is 33.99. So if there is no other item in your shop which costs 33.99 you could simply add a new shipping rate.

You would call it "Free Shipping" and set the condition of the rate to "Based on Order Price" and set the min and the max to 33.99

Note: It doesn't work if the customer orders multiple items.

I think the best use case for this is, if you want to make the whole order for free and don't want to charge shipping for the already free order. In that case just set the min and max to 0.00

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
67 0 10

@Peter I would also like to add my vote and wonder if in the last 2 years there has been any progress? thank you

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 3

Hi Peter, I have extensively looked through the comments here. It has been two years since the initial post querying the possibility of specifically offering a discount code to customers and allowing them once off free shipping. Has there been a solution because you seem to portray that this is important but not having something two years later shows us we are being treated as if we are not important, do not say things to appease people if something so basic in your long list of requests isn't a priority, then I genuinely believe Shopify has an ulterior motive. All sites on lower levels then Shopify have this feature, so either you are not as well put together as lead to believe/ Shopify has another reason or I suggest you activate the code.

Come on. You make money when we do, allow us to do that please.

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 3

@Peter please add my vote to this as well... can't believe it's been 2 years and nothing?

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

We need this feature also!

1 Like