Apply discount together with free shipping

Excursionist
11 0 4

Yes, we discovered a way to have both free shipping and a discount code with a new App, it’s called WordPress.

Seriously, we did discover a workaround for having both a discount and free shipping a couple of weeks ago but it’s cumbersome and it really shouldn't have to be, so we’ve made the decision to transfer our site to the WordPress platform and we are sooo happy we did. When you get tired of a help desk that doesn’t help and just repeats meaningless info (repeating Peter - our nickname for him) and tired of your site being held hostage, come join us.

1 Like
1 0 3

Please add our vote.

We are migrating from a Magento site where we have offered coupon codes combining a %OFF plus Free Shipping and/or BOGO %Off plus Free Shipping for the past 6 years! If I had known we would not be able to implement such a common promotional combination, we might not have elected to make the switch to Shopify.

I really can't believe this isn't a standard option or that none of the app developers I've looked at have truly addressed this either- at least not in a manner that is easily implemented and maintained.

3 Likes
Tourist
4 0 3

Great workaround. I ended up doing the same thing.

0 Likes
1 0 1

Please could we add our vote to this feature. We have a show in a couple of weeks and the most obvious show offer is a discount plus free shipping, and it is a little unbelievable that this isn't something we can't just offer, leading to plenty of head scratching and work arounds. Having run wordpress and magento websites in the past this does seem a pretty basic function which, whilst I had issues with coupon codes on both platforms, I could always offer this.

Please, please shopify move this up your agenda of importance - it does seem incredibly basic functionality to be missing.

1 Like
1 0 1

Hi Peter,

I've been reading through this thread and understand that you would like to know why one would need the feature to combine a discount code with free shipping.

This is the case where we really miss this feature:

Our primary marketing is done in collaboration with influencers. We have found (micro) influencers to be extremely affordable and very good for business.

In a month we might use between 10-25 influencers to promote our products. The agreement we have with influencers is that they get 2 free products including free shipping. The products have a fixed value, for which we would like to add a discount.

Then the problem arise, that we cannot add free shipping, to a discount. 

It is simply not an option to ask influencers to pay for shipment of their free products.

On top of this, we could easily increase our sales by adding 70-150 influencers per month.

I could just add all the orders manually, where it is possible to add free shipment + discount on certain products. But the time needed to handle all this manually is simply too much.

If we could give a discount with free shipping most influencers would add extra products to their order to take advantage of the free shipping already included.

Not being able to combine free shipping and discount is a real limitation to the growth of our business.

There are many things I would like to be developed from your side, but nothing more than discount + free shipping.

Beside the use I just described, in certain cases free shipping + discount is also a really good tool to use in customer service.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
900 49 160

@T_Otzen @GreenAndBlue 

Thank you both for expressing interest in getting this feature added, as well as providing valuable feedback on how this directly impacts your business. I've added both of your use cases to the existing ballot so our product team and developers have a clearer picture of what steps they'll need to take to ensure the feature covers the functionality you need. For future votes, I will continue to proactively add your votes to the ballot as they come in.

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 2

We need this feature also. Seems like a bit of a glaring oversight.

We often ship products to influencers and can't charge them.

1 Like
1 0 2

We need this too. Same with lots of other shops, we need to giveaway product to influencers and 100% discount + Free shipping would be the most efficient way! Stackable coupons needs to be a standard feature!

2 Likes
1 0 1

Please add my vote to this feature request. 

1 Like
1 0 2

I want to add a vote for this feature, please! 

WE NEED IT, please hurry!

2 Likes