Applying a Discount after Order Is Placed

Kschell
1 0 8

If anyone from Shopify monitors this, please address this issue. I track commissions by discount code. We should be able to edit the order, input the discount code. And refund the code savings all in one transaction. We need the ability to add this after the sale. PLEASE.

warrengutierrez
1 0 2

Anyone from Shopify?!

sheelaw
2 0 0

No one from Shopify responds. 

Worst service.

0 Likes
RachelS
1 0 0

What we have been doing (which is way to time consuming) is: we edit the order and add each item to the order and individually add the discount to each item and then remove the original item that has no discount applied. There must be an easier way. Hoping that Shopify is coming up with a solution.

0 Likes
sheelaw
2 0 0

I am able to edit the 'local pickup' customer order.

But unable to edit the 'local delivery' customer order. Again I am locked here. There is no workaround here.

Is there any other way i am get out of this and apply discount without cancelling and adding new order?

0 Likes

Hi @RachelS 

Your method works but it's easily prone to error when the product price is changed. If there is a negative discount, the order edit will stop working.

When one of the items is already on the order, Shopify doesn't allow you to add more of this item to the order. But it's possible via Shopify admin. I've opened a thread here.

Also, there will be rounding errors:

1. when you allocate a discount to several products

2. discount recalculation 

The rounding errors will cause an outstanding balance on the order invoice.

SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles
0 Likes