Approved to sell on Instagram, but do not see option to tag/shopping on Instagram

2 0 0

I've been approved to sell on Instagram, have done all the linking facebook account to Instagram account, have set up catalog on facebook with products from Shopify. And most importantly, been approved to sell on Instagram. However, I'm still not able to find or see any shopping tags available on my Instagram, does anyone else have the same issue as well and how do you solve this problem?

I live in Hong Kong and currently is traveling in Spain, the Shopify guru told that me that it might have to do with my IP address, but I've checked that both Hong Kong and Spain are in the eligible countries list. Also, it doesn't make sense that someone is not able to sell simply because he/she has travels abroad to countries that aren't listed/approved to sell. 

If you have also encountered this issue please let me know what's your solution, thank you so much! 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
381 45 82

Hey, @Jojopotatoes 

My name is Lizzy and I’m from the support team at Shopify.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble getting started with Instagram tagging. There are a few steps I wanted to go through with you to make sure everything is set up.

1) Is your Instagram account currently set as a Business account? The shopping feature won't appear unless you're using a business account. This guide from Instagram explains how to switch over if you need to! 

2) Within your Instagram app, are you able to see that your Facebook business page is connected, not just your Facebook account?

3) Are all of your products/collections that you want appearing set to be available on both Facebook and Instagram?

4) If you go to Settings>Shopping within the Instagram app, are you able to select a catalogue you'd like to tag from

If you've checked all of these things and still can't tag products, or you're not able to see the "Shopping" option in your Instagram settings I would suggest reporting a problem within the Instagram app. Sometimes their team will need to check things from their end to make sure the connection has completed.

Let me know if this helps to get everything connected!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

1) Is your Instagram account currently set as a Business account? The shopping feature won't appear unless you're using a business account. This guide from Instagram explains how to switch over if you need to! Yes, it is set as a business account.

2) Within your Instagram app, are you able to see that your Facebook business page is connected, not just your Facebook account? Yes.

3) Are all of your products/collections that you want appearing set to be available on both Facebook and Instagram? Yes.

4) If you go to Settings>Shopping within the Instagram app, are you able to select a catalogue you'd like to tag from? I do not find the option of 'shopping' available on my Instagram.

If you've checked all of these things and still can't tag products, or you're not able to see the "Shopping" option in your Instagram settings I would suggest reporting a problem within the Instagram app. Sometimes their team will need to check things from their end to make sure the connection has completed.

I've done reporting the problem however there's no response form the Instagram end, and this is the same problem over and over again, nothing being solved to be honest. Thank you for trying to help tho. 

Let me know if this helps to get everything connected!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
381 45 82

Hey, @Jojopotatoes.

Thank you for letting me know. From this point you would need Instagram to look into the connection, as the Shopping option appearing in the app is related to settings on their end. I know often when store owners reach out to Instagram, they don't hear back but the issue does get solved. You may see the Shopping option appear over the next few days following reporting a problem.

Are you hoping to use Instagram tagging to increase sales, or build up a broader audience and awareness for your products? 

Lizzy

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I have been approved for over a week but don't see the shopping option in my settings. I have only just reported it as I read this thread. 

I have a question though. My business is in the United States however we are posting from a non-approved country. Would this cause an issue? If so why was I approved? Any information to get my product tagging up and running would be helpful. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
381 45 82

Hey, @Sachacosmetics.

Thank you for letting me know you've already reported a problem within the app! As the shopping option appearing is set up by Instagram, they'll be the best people to look into it further for you.

As for why your store was approved, the Instagram sales channel will work for businesses based in the US, which I'm assuming your Shopify store will be set to. Is that correct? You may run into trouble if you're using the Instagram app in another country, using a device that would download that region's version of Instagram. I wouldn't be able to say for sure however, as I can't speak to the way Instagram displays options in their app. I am just aware that as a user of the platform in Canada I see different options than people I know who use it in the United States.

If you have business partners or staff located in the US, having them check in the app to see if the Shopping option appears, may be the best way to confirm whether your location is playing a part in why you haven't been able to tag yet.

I hope this helps you to start tagging!

Lizzy

0 Likes
1 0 0
I am from Hong Kong, how do I add Instagram shipping to my account? I don’t see that option available to my store. Please advice. Thanks
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
381 45 82

Hi @Leungcheukfai!

Are you looking to add Instagram Shopping to your Shopify store? If so, this guide lists all of the requirements and steps to add the channel. 

You will be able to add the channel either by installing the app here, or adding the sales channel here.

If neither of these options appear for you, let me know!

Keep in mind that you will need to have the Facebook channel installed for the Instagram channel to work, and will need to be approved on both to be able to tag your products. There is some more information about the Facebook channel here.

Lizzy

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I am having the exactly same issue. I used to have Instagram Shop for almost 2 years and all the sudden it dissapeared and I am not able to use Insta shop since May. We lost a lot of sales. I work with 3 different digital professional. I reported 4 times to Instagram, talked with Shopify over the phone. Everything looks great but no explanation.

Can someone from Shopify help me to reach out to Instagram and respond to our messages? I am ready to pay money for this get resolved.  

0 Likes