Apps: Yikes! So many choices

Solved
matthewlennartz
9 0 0

Greetings,

First and foremost, if I am asking a question that has been answered I apologize.

I am not in production yet.  As part of my process, I have been perusing articles and apps to determine the best fit for my business.  In so doing, I have already selected 14 apps but have not put them into my store as of yet.  Are 14 apps too many?  I realize they all have a purpose but am concerned I am overengineering at this juncture.

Thanks in advance for any and all supportive responses.

Matthew

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
899 98 204

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @matthewlennartz 

That's a great question. And I'm glad that you are conscious of the number of apps you are installing on your store. There really is no black and white rule on how many is too many.

Since all apps come in varying degrees of sizes in the amount of code that they inject into your store, it's hard to say. My piece of advice would be to only install apps that are going to make a true difference in your store. Whether it makes managing your store easier by saving you time or makes the experience better for the customer. Most importantly, you should avoid having duplicate apps. For example, if you install two separate apps that have similar features. Consider removing the ones that don't have many purposes.

If all 14 apps are needed and they all serve a clear purpose then that's totally ok! I hope this helps. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
matthewlennartz
9 0 0

Dirk,

Thank you so much for your reply..  Your comments make perfect sense.  I will review then make changes as appropriate.

Also, I agree with your suppositions especially regarding whether my selected apps are relevant to my current ramp-up of the store.  I think another best practice is to be mindful of duplicate application features from one app to the next.

I wish you continued success.

Matthew

0 Likes
matthewlennartz
9 0 0

Thanks, Dirk.  You addressed my concerns in full.

Matthe

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
899 98 204

Anytime, @matthewlennartz!

Happy to help.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes