Apps for new store

Tuffgritt
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi everyone, 

I have had a brand new Shopify niche store for a couple of months and have not had that great of a success yet. I understand that it might take with advertising and so forth, but I am also aware that adding Apps to help move the business forward is inevitable. The problem I have is the following , with thousands of Apps out there and they all claim to be the best and the magic wand to increase sales and conversions:), one can't help but get confused and disappointed. Then you read all the reviews and you see all the horror stories about some Apps, scams and rip offs and you wonder why is Shopify even allowing them to be on the platform. It is understandable that there will always be different reviews, happy customers and angry customers, but it is just overwhelming. 

Bottom line, I am reaching out to those of you who have been there and made it through to be successful stores, to ask what type of Apps must a new niche store have in order to build up an email list, to have pop up banners for promotions and news, to help increase conversion, to help make money at the end of the day.

I would greatly appreciate input from people that actually did it, and respectfully not from Apps enveloppers or affiliates trying to pitch their solutions.

Thank you very much in advance for yoru input

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
936 106 165

Hi @Tuffgritt,

Hyde here from Shopify.

On a basic level, there are a few elements you will definitely need on your site that are outlined here. Apps cannot guarantee you conversions, but we do have a great guide on how to improve your conversions here and it does include recommended apps to do everything you're looking to do and more - so it should help to cut through the noise and give you some clarity.

That said, if you have any other questions I'm happy to help!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tuffgritt
Tourist
6 0 3

Thank you very much for your help! 

Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
936 106 165

You're most welcome! If you have any other questions I'm here to help, so please do let me know. -Hyde

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi @Tuffgritt

After reviewing 50+ stores, we have identified some of the most important apps that every Shopify store should have.

1. Happy Chat is a must-have app that is used for live chat, instant customer support, and get a detailed analysis.

2. Happy Hours application automates sales campaigns, bulk edit prices, and saves time.

3. Smile.io is an application that lets you create a referral and loyalty program for your store.

4. Plug-In SEO application helps optimize your store for search traffic.

5. Oberlo or Printful If you need help finding products in your store, pick any of these that work best for you.

6. Yotpo is a must-have application to collect reviews and ratings for your products and store.

Hope this helps. 

Feel free to ask your Qs if any. 

Thanks,

Tanvi

Tanvi B

0 Likes