Arabic Language Shopify Store

Highlighted
Tourist
20 0 2

Hello All,  Our website is using a custom theme which is based under "debut", I want to know the feasibility of adding the Arabic language to it.

Is it possible manually or do I need to use a shopify App, if so which one is recommended.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
623 47 107

Hello, @itsSelman!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! If you're using the Debut theme then you should be able to change your theme language from within your theme settings. If you don't have Arabic listed in your theme language settings, then you might need to simply update your theme first. You can check out this guide to see how you can update your theme. To change your theme language, you can follow our step by step guide, here

If you're having difficulty with your language formatting correctly, then be sure to reach out to our team via email, chat or callback here. Our theme team can dig into a Shopify-supported theme's coding to make sure that the language is formatted correctly. 

If you're finding that changing your theme language isn't working out for you, then you could always look into using an app to translate your storefront for you. Specifically I would recommend checking out the apps; Translate&Currency, Translate My Store, or Multi Lingo.

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes