Archive / Delete / or Unavailable

Polly3553
2 0 0

Hello! Question, when a product is out of stock for a while and it seems it is not coming back (I have about 50 out-of-stcok items), do you delete it or archive it in shopify? What are the best practices for SEO? I wonder if having out-of-stock products archived, it is basically still stored on your website, which may eventually start slowing down the website speed. And if you delete a product that means you delete the URL, keywords, etc SEO juices. Any feedback is appreciated.

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1114 116 161

Hey, @Polly3553.

This is Elias from Shopify Support. I'd be happy to lend a hand with this!

When archiving a product, the product will be hidden from all the sales channels and this does not impact the URL or SEO. If there's any possibility of restocking the product at a later date, then archiving would be recommended as it allows you to easily bring the product back. However, if the product isn't coming back, then you can delete the product from your admin. While having less products may help improve the loading speed for certain processes, such as using the bulk editor. Nevertheless, it may not have as much of an impact to the online store as compared to having too many unnecessary apps installed.  

Is the products discontinued by your supplier? Is it possible to find other suppliers that offer the same products?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Polly3553
2 0 0

Thank you, Elias, I received the answer to my question! 

0 Likes