Are my T-shirts priced too high?

Solved
2 0 0

Hello my name's Yang and I just launched my clothing store 2 days ago.  I've gotten a couple of people saying that my prices are just too high. I'm wondering if it's because these couple people are cheapskates or I really did price too high. I have been running some ads for 2 days but no sales yet. I am not sure whether it's the price or the website design problem. You can check out my store here:  vibefactor.com.co

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
352 40 69

Hey, @C_Yang!

I'm Lizzy, one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

First of all, congratulations on your new store! How did you find the process of getting everything set up?

It can take some time to start seeing sales come in, however I wanted to address your concern about pricing. Depending on the quality of your shirts you can mark them up quite a bit. Are these shirts you have yourself, or are you using a print on demand service?

If your shirts are of a decent quality and your branding is specific, people will purchase them regardless of price. I suggest taking some time to unify your designs under a brand and sharing that on your social media. I love the photography you have of your shirts. Sticking with a tone like that, where people can see other people enjoying themselves in these shirts, will immediately make them more valuable.

I took a look at your Instagram account as well, and strongly suggest taking some time to continue developing your presence there!

With the right branding even a plain white t-shirt can be sold for hundreds of dollars. Check out this article to see a few examples of companies that did just that.

How have you been working to bring customers to your store so far?

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 0

Hi Lizzy, thank you for your reply. Hope you are doing well there :).

I am using print on demand services. But i have personally ordered a piece and the quality is decent. At the moment, I am still testing out the response from social media, i want to find out which direction or concept of design the majority like. Now, i still have no sales yet but i understand it takes time. Thanks for your advice, i was impatience at times. From your point of view, are the prices acceptable or should i lower them alittle bit?

Hope to hear from you soon,
C_Yang

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
352 40 69

Hey @C_Yang!

I am well thank you, I hope you are too!

I completely understand, setting up a new business is an exciting time! To be honest I think your t-shirt prices are reasonable. I know I've purchased t-shirts for around that price myself. As I mentioned though, the quality is a big factor for me. If a t-shirt is comfortable and feels nice I'm happy to spend a little more on it.

Have you considered offering a few at a bit of a discount to friends and family in return for a review or a post on social media? Having feedback on your products for others to see will go a long way in building up trust with customers who haven't purchased from you in the past. I agree that it's also important to test out which designs will be the most popular. Offering people you know a discount and seeing what they go for will help you start this process! 

What sort of ways have you been marketing your store so far? And what sort of things will you be working on to continue developing your brand?

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Tourist
33 3 2

It's only been 2 days man, give it sometimes. If you've done some research, compare your price/quality with your competitors and you still feel confident, keep the price! By the way, there's always people like me who wouldn't spend too much on tshirts no matter how quality it is since we know that that shirt is going to be replaced a few months later.

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes