Are my shirts priced too high?

Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Hello my name's David and I just launched my clothing store 2 days ago.  I've gotten a couple of people saying that my prices are just too high.  I'm wondering if it's because these couple people are cheapskates or I really did price too high.  You can check out my store here:  earnyourrest.com,  and remember the two shirts entitled #TEAMNOSLEEP and gimmicky and are priced high on purpose.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Excursionist
215 0 13

Hi David,

and gimmicky and are priced high on purpose

So, you're aware of the high prices? Personally I think they're high. Why would people pay $34,99 for a black T-shirt with simple print on a webshop that's looks very empty, no address details or what so ever?

To be honest, I wouldn't buy one. Simply because your website looks so empty. It's very white, no normal logo, no contact details, no phonenumber, no reviews, nothing. Just nothing? I'd start to fix your webshop first before asking such prices. Maybe if your webshop looks finished, people will pay it but for now I'd recommend you to start working on your shop.

Sorry for my hard reaction, but it's the truth. Good luck. If you ever need help, feel free to reach on other forum members as well on the Feedback On My Store forum.

:)

Need a smartphone case? https://www.transparantehoesjes.nl
0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 2

I tend to agree....although I dont know what your margins are, you really need to determine if that is what you need to charge or if you could get by with making alot less but getting some orders and possibly some buzz regarding your products.  But at first glance, those prices for cotton shirts seem a bit steep...just my 2 cents

thanks and good luck!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 5

Yea I agree... They look cheap for the price. It's simple text on a shirt, no real design to it, the repetitiveness... I wouldn't buy one. Maybe one with just one hashtag, or running vertically... But also the starkness of the website. I'd work on it as a whole.. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

seems like you are going after people who has a certain lifestyle, challenging themselves, athletes, exercise nuts etc, however your website does not have the lifestyle attached to it to attract your customers, 

you need more visuals of people wearing your product at rough terrain, in the forest etc etc to give the feels of  what you are trying to accomplish

you dont necessarily need models but athletes and regular people,

then the price becomes secondary , because what you are selling is the lifestyle, think about all Soulcycle logo products, people buy Tshirts at 40-60usd because it says soulcyle on it, because of the brand itself,

so work on your website ,work on your image and brand and lifestyle

goodluck, it is a tough but fun journey

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hello, I have had the same concern because our shirts are not selling.. but also understand it takes time. Comparing the two, our shirts have hand stitched elements, are custom designed, and state that they are high quality materials.  http://www.rockandroll.clothing is our domain.  I'm equally open to the input!

0 Likes
Excursionist
18 0 6

With what you are doing it seems like you might want to try cafe press or Spreadshirt. They are print on demand and you set your price. Then you have zero inventory risk.

We sell shirts for $24.99 and have been around a decade +. We are in 700+ brick and mortars. We have a certain demographic we are trying to target.

As many have said above it is pretty basic what you have. I don't see anything anyone else can't do on their own using a site I mentioend above at that price.

It is tough. If it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

To the OP I agree with most all of the above. You need to taylor your site to your target audiance. The most I and in my opinion most people would pay for a plain shirt like that is $14.99 - $19.99. 

To Lynda who hyjacked the thread. First off I am a metal head and fit into your target demo. First off, holly shit those are some big pictures. You should never have to scroll down to see the whole picture. Make it fit in the fold. Even better yet make it take up a quarter of a page and do a shadown box option so people can see a bigger picture if they want. Second I have to say your prices are way to high. I like the I Will Rise shirts but at $27 I could buy a Slayer or whatever band shirt from a concert for the same price or less and if you have ever been to a concert you know that they are over priced.

As for the hand stiching, I can see it on the patch for the sleeve and can even justify a higher price tag for those shirts. But the hand stiched tag means nothing and does not provide value. I personally would cut it off anyway. The hand stiched shoulders IMO are stupid and would deter me from buying. Sorry if I was harsh just giving your my thoughts. 

Both posters should start doing a little research and maybe do a contest with a survey to get more info from their target demo and give a free shirt as the prize to one winner. It would cost about $10 for some priceless info. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hey guys and gals.

Just some input from my end. The original poster. Your website is extremely plain. No about us page and you designs are poor. I would suggest getting a designer to provide you with 3-4 tshirt designs to begin with and try again. You really need photos of your clothing on real people. It makes a huge difference to people's perception of your brand. You have potential so don't give up!

Over to against the ordinary. I like your designs although when I stumbled over to your Facebook page I noticed you mentioned it was a label based on your band? Correct me if I'm wrong. My question would be, what's your fan base numbers? I would assume your target market would be your fans? Unfortunately unless your a largely popular band you'll be limited in who will buy your merchandise. Can I suggest maybe opening your designs up a little. Still have some relation to music but add a few designs in that aren't associated with your band but are still kick ass designs. I know you can do this because your existing designs are good

0 Likes
5 0 0

Judging from you pictures, your shirts are not even produced yet. So you are trying to sell an idea. 
If you dont advertise your idea... or if your idea is stupid... people will probably not want to buy your product. 
My online shop RandomThings.co isnt setting any sales, records but it pays for itself... Its no secret that guys with high volume print shops (like me) can sell really cheap but the idea is to make money and build your brand. 

Don't mistake forward thinking for nonsense.
0 Likes