Are my shirts priced too high?

5 0 0

Thank you very much for the input, Trent!  The label WAS made to support my son's band and help market it, but, at the same time we are trying to show that we are all "against the ordinary".  We are supporting those that are different and showing that it is OK to be different .. misfits .. many musicians don't fit it with normal society.  We do also have shirts that don't just have the logos .. one says "From the ashes I will find a way to rise".  Although this IS a lyric from one of the bands songs, we hoped it would also stand alone.  On Instagram and other social media, I try to bring through this theme vs. just buy our band t-shirts.  I say all of this to say I agree with you!  I will take your advice to heart as we move forward with more designs once we sell what we have.. fingers crossed!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
196 0 11

Hey, I thought I'd wade in and add some feedback also. 

First of all, well done for getting the shop up and running and having a go.

It does rather look as though you are trying to get something for nothing on this site I'm sorry to say.

The vistor experience has alot to do with conversions. How does the visitor feel visiting your store?

It's empty. There is not content. No advice. No stories. No testimonials. Nothing. In short, it lacks atmosphere.

If anyone has told you that you can throw some things up on a website and make lots of money, they were wrong. You have to go a bit further.

It sounds as though you have a great story to tell, that the t-shirts were inspired by something. Tell your story at least!  People are interested in the why.

Whilst your product range is still small and young, why not get some professional shots done of people wearing them? I may help.

All the best with it,

Regards,

Karen

0 Likes
5 0 0

Sorry, Terry .. I didn't mean to hijack I just had the same question.  Thank you for the input re my photos.  I am new to Shopify, and just thought that was the nature of the template!  I will fix!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
14 0 1

I would say since you just started 2 days ago, don't worry about prices being too high today.

Personally, having the idea in your head and getting your site up with the right prices are 2 different things. You have time to fix it. I'm still working on my site and prices with many things to fix. I'm OK with it taking time. soon, I need to prepare for Christmas sales.

I have to ask you about your cost analysis. How did you come up with your prices? Did you do any surveys to see what the market you wish to reach is willing to pay?

I struggle a bit with prices, too ,even with a good cost analysis. My target market is young parents who typically have small budgets for play things. I have to buy fabirc with good wholesale discounts.

One of my goals is to be known for affordablity. (That's OK if you don't share the same goals.) So, I know my costs that will give a reasonable mark up that will end up profitable fo rme and afforable for my target market. Then I ask the mommmies I know what they would pay for this mermaid tail apron or Pirate hats.

Sometimes we biz owners want to squeeze an extra nickle out of customers. Someitmes that is not a good idea. There is a psycology to the numbers for your prices. That extra penney,nickle or dime may look too high to the consumer.

The mommie consultantants I have will give me a price range. I worry about being too expensive. Interestingly most would pay more than what I had in mind. Other times the mommies turn up their noses. Then I redesign until I get it right. (I'm still working)

I have found that some people find every price is TOO HIGH! Find a reliable group to survey.

IF your prices really are TOO high, you may want to reconsider your sources for materials to make product more cost effective.

I did notice you are offering FREE shipping for orders over $50. I wish I had figured out how to get my stores free shipping as obvious without screaming at the customer.

Since you had a nice pop up for a measly 10% off I did give you my email. I need to do something like that , too.

In my opinion: Your shirts did not WOW! me. There was nothing was eye catching that made me want to sign into Pay Pal before you sold out.Then again, I AM cheap and don't NEED any T-shirts right now.

My store is not where I want it to be either. I simply take baby steps.

My last thought: Are you on Pinterest? IF not you want to be. My sales are coming from my PINS.

Good luck. Don't give.up. You are off to a good start where you can alwasy make changes.

Malika Bourne the No Non-cents Nanna

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
14 0 1

Good advice.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
14 0 1

Be very careful about plagerizing any lyrics without permission. You can lose your shirt in court.

0 Likes
5 0 0

Thank you, Malika (I'm guessing that was directed to me since I am the only one with lyrics :-) !).  The lyrics on our shirts are copywritten lyrics from my son's music .. but definitely good to be careful.  Thank you for the advice about Pinterest.  I will do that!!  I tried to check out your site, but the link under your name wasn't working..

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
196 0 11

Hi Lynda,

my last sentence should have read 'it may help' not 'I may help'

I know nothing about photography!

Karen

0 Likes
5 0 0

No problem, Karen :-) !  I think this was for the original poster, though, as I do have professional photos on my site.  Cool site you have .. I will look through it more!  Lynda

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
196 0 11

Hi Lynda!

Ooops, sorry, it was rather late when I posted that! Sorry, yes it was meant for the original poster.

And thanks for taking a look at our site - we're launching within days now in beta mode. Feedback is always welcome Lynda. : )

0 Likes