Are there any Product Options app that allow you to select product options from Draft Orders

Shawn17
Shopify Partner
56 0 8

Hello!

Many of our orders are taken over the phone so we rely heavily on Draft Orders. 

On our website we use a product options app which can add items to the cart based on options selected on the parent product. There are lots of Product Options apps and I believe many of them offer this functionality. 

I would like the ability to do this with Draft Orders so that it can track the inventory correctly. 

For some context on our use case:

We sell balloons. A customer might choose a balloon bouquet which includes a dozen red balloons and a big foil number balloon. The number they select is tied to a product so inventory can be tracked. There is no way to do this (that I know of through Draft Orders). Variants aren't an option because there'd be hundreds in some cases (eg 20 colours x 10 numbers). 

I know that in the draft orders I could make the red balloons one product and the number another but this looks confusing on the invoice because from the customers perspective, it's all one product. 

A further problem is some products have many options and it is easy to forget to ask about one of the options.

I'd love an app that allows me to create a draft product and go through the same options selection experience as the customer would through the website.

Replies 7 (7)

maxv185
6 0 0

Same issue here.  Developed a site on this platform that is unusable.  

ajmoore79
Visitor
1 0 0

Have you found a solution to this? I have the same problem with my new cart and wondering if I should choose a different platform already.

Shawn17
Shopify Partner
56 0 8

Nope, nothing.

Williampat369
Explorer
112 2 5

Traditional way to set custom options on your shopify store as below steps:

1)Go to Products and choose the product where you want the engraving.

2)Go to Theme Templates and choose the “product customizable” template.

3)Save.

4) Go into your online store, click the product, and a field saying “Your name for engraving” should be there.

To set custom options on your Shopify store as below steps:

Add global attributes to product

1. Go to: Products > Add Product (or edit an existing one).

2. Select the Attributes tab in the Product Data. There you can choose any of the attributes that you've created in the dropdown menu.

3. Select Add.

These apps can help you to customize your products and offer a more personalized experience for your customers.

Smart Product Options:

Unlimited Product Options and Creates an unlimited custom product fields including text, numbers, swatches, checkboxes, dropdown menus, file uploads and more to whole collections and products as well.

Easy to set up, Flexible Conditional Logic, Add-On Pricing, Group Fields into Option Groups and reuse them, Price Add-On's, Field Types and Support Team

Infinite Options:

Infinite Product choices: Build Infinite amounts of personalized Product options including text, numbers, schedules, swatches, checkboxes and drop-down menus.

Product Options and Customizer:

Enable infinite Product Options: Apply Unlimited combinations to the web pages.

Upload With Add-on pricing: Feature choices and Customizer support you With per-option Pricing to top up sales. The extra costs are equivalent to higher sales per transaction.

banned
Shawn17
Shopify Partner
56 0 8
I was asking about adding options on draft orders. Not through website.

DonnaS
Tourist
33 0 2

Hi there,

Our OMS at Orderbot has built-in functionality to assist with this 🙂

check us out at www.orderbot.com

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
582 14 40

Hi @Shawn17,

When using color and number balloons as custom options linked to existing products, inventory deduction functions smoothly when the quantity selected is 1. However, tracking becomes challenging when customers wish to purchase larger quantities, like 10 red balloons. This reflects the behavior of most product options apps in Shopify.

Our Easify Product Options app currently allows entry of the selected options' quantity (Quantity field). We also have plans to develop a feature linking the customer's entered quantity to the related product quantity. Your insights on what you specifically need for this feature would be invaluable in tailoring it effectively for you and other store owners with similar requirements.

EasifyAppsZoe_0-1695111534201.png

In-app settings:

EasifyAppsZoe_1-1695111626762.png

EasifyAppsZoe_2-1695111676423.png

EasifyAppsZoe_3-1695111745078.png

Regarding the challenge of separate products appearing in the cart due to the red balloon and number balloons being distinct products, we've devised a solution to consolidate them into a single 'Balloon Bouquet' in the cart. This streamlines the checkout experience, presenting customers with only one product. However, merging them on the invoice is limited due to Shopify's code editing constraints that we cannot override.

aaa.png

If you have further suggestions to enhance our app and meet your specific needs, please share with us.

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support