As a new comer creating multiple product or single product store is good?

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi all,

I am a beginner to shopify, and I have searched every where but i couldn't figure this out, As a new comer to shopify drop shipping what is the best way to achieve my goal in this field.?

Start a multiple product store ( different niches)

Start a single product store ( one main niche)

I know drop shipping legends in this forum. kindly help me to figure this out. thanks

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
87 9 13

Hi @dulmtp,

Thank you for getting in touch and for asking about this! In short, there's no right or wrong answer to this question, but there's different considerations you'll want to make when choosing what to sell.

When picking your products, it can be tempting to include hundreds, or potentially even thousands of different items on your store. Offering more choices to customers can be a great thing, but if you have too disparate a catalog of products it is easy for your store to look muddled and have no clear identity. No matter what you decide to sell, you should always be asking yourself "would I buy from this store?" - if there answer is no, then you'll want to ask yourself why this is and what changes you can make to address these reasons for not buying. Choosing a smaller catalog of products allows for the following:

• You can more easily build a brand identity, which is everything from the products you sell to the logo you have and the tone of the language you use on the store. Less products makes it easier for customers to get a grasp on what it is you sell, which feeds into knowing better what your business is all about.
  • You'll be able to target your key demographics more easily by focusing on a smaller group of products that you feel will appeal to certain customers. This helps greatly when crafting ads you wish to run, allowing you to target specific demographics of people as opposed to a large proportion of the population.
  • You can spend more time working on your products if you have less of them, which includes setting accurate prices and writing detailed descriptions of each product. It's difficult and time-consuming to do this when you have hundreds of products on the store!

I'd recommend bearing all of the above suggestions in mind when building out your catalog, but also remember that single-product stores face their own difficulties too. If you only offer one product, you're relying heavily on it being something that's heavily in-demand, and if you're dropshipping it can be very hard to find a product like this and build an entire store around it. These types of stores are normally for homemade and personally developed products that meet a demand that might be missing from the market, as opposed to a product that numerous companies sell.

We have a variety of resources on this topic, including a comprehensive guide on dropshipping that I'd highly suggest going through:

There's a wealth of information included in these resources, so please do dive in and learn as much as you can from them. The Shopify Blog includes regular posts about every aspect of selling online, covering everything from marketing and SEO to personal stories from stores and businesses you can take inspiration from.

I hope my advice is of some use to you, but please do let me know if you have any further questions for me!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 0

@Victor So you're mostly suggest to me that do niche store? right? it's much better than general store?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
87 9 13

Hi @dulmtp,

My recommendation would be to start with a smaller number of products - perhaps 100 or less - so you can dedicate enough time to editing product descriptions and titles, setting appropriate prices and focusing more on a specific demographic of customers you want your store to appeal to. You can always expand your inventory over time, so don't feel like you need to include every product you ever intend to sell before you launch.

As mentioned in my initial reply, there is no right or wrong way to do this - there are numerous successful stores on Shopify who sell over 1000 products, and others that sell only one. The main thing you should do is try and find products you believe people will want to buy, and then build a brand around those products. Try and choose items you feel go well together and proceed from there. I can't tell you exactly what products you should sell, but I would encourage you to consider the advice I've given and check out the resources I've linked as they go over this topic of discussion in more detail.

Please let me know though if you have more questions!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes