Ask A Guru: Why Am I Not Making Sales?

Olof_Nysten
Excursionist
17 0 2

Hi Gurus,

I have a T-shirt store that I started a couple of months ago. I have worked hard on my designs and lately put a lot of work into making the store as fast as possible. 

The problems are that I have no sales and don't generate any leads from the popups. The only order I made myself and it worked fine. I get a fair amount of likes on social media so I think my designs are ok. I have tried sales and lots of ads, but nothing seems to work.

Can someone please take a look at the store, please?

I don't want to give up on this but I can't throw unlimited amounts of cash into it either.

https://www.novalapis.com

Thanks in advance

Olof

Store: https://www.novalapis.com
Instagram: @novalapis
FB: https://www.facebook.com/novalapisstore/
0 Likes
Jodi226
Tourist
12 0 0
I opened my store https://Jbeary.com
February 1st and I’ve only made 1 online sale.
I think my site is visually appealing and easy to navigate. I added the sticky cart app, the currency converter, and the messaging app, also the show recent orders app which shows other things I sold in person.
I’m trying to improve my seo
I get about 60-100 visitors per day
I post on social media 2-3 times a day
Anyhelp would be appreciated
Brutal honesty is welcomed!
0 Likes
Jodi226
Tourist
12 0 0
Hello
I just checked out your homepage and I’m going to be honest I didn’t love it
It looks like a lot of the same photo
A lot are close up and they are big
The one photo with prices I think it was has small text, your better off typing it out bigger yourself, the text doesn’t look as crisp and clear as it could be
Remember you have 5 seconds to get someone interested and I wasn’t
Just maybe work on your layout, it was just a train of big images. Just maybe organize the front page better.
0 Likes
Jodi226
Tourist
12 0 0
Hello,
Honestly I loved your site
Easy to navigate, great products,
Only thing that bothered me was the giant image of a closet that took up my phone when I first entered your site. Once I scrolled down I thought wow they have nice stuff, would be nice to see that right away.
But the prices are good and the product is good but you have a lot of competition!! A lot!
So I’m guessing maybe your targeting needs work or other advertising.
Hope that helps a bit
0 Likes
Ali_A
Shopify Expert
34 2 3

Hi @Jodi226, If you're doing this as a serious project then i recommend you go for a premium theme. There are some small things that matter. For example, the layout of your About Us page and its word spacing, The alignment of the footer content is not centered, The logo is little pixelised (at least on my laptop), The offer you have isn't highlighted properly, You have no pop-up for emails, You have no main menu, You have no upsetting tools... E-Commerce needs a lot more to generate sales.  

You have good products and social media, email us if you need more details or advice.

Best,

-Ali, Your Shopify Expert

Shopify Experts and Ecommerce Consultancy Agency - Need Help Generating Your First Sale? Contact us: info@ecommercepro.com
0 Likes
Ali_A
Shopify Expert
34 2 3

Dear @Olof_Nysten 

Simple: This website design isn't for your kind of products. You need show featured collections carousel style. 

Don't give up on this. Improve it!

Best,

-Ali, Your Shopify Expert

Shopify Experts and Ecommerce Consultancy Agency - Need Help Generating Your First Sale? Contact us: info@ecommercepro.com
0 Likes
miss_necessity
Excursionist
31 0 12

Awesome tips! Another one that helped me boost conversion and build trust on my store is adding product reviews. I use this app- Editorify, it allows me to import product reviews with photos from multiple sources- reviews are important, it builds trust and it influences buyer behavior so it should make sense and be correct in spelling and grammar.

0 Likes
awaisbajwa969
Tourist
19 0 1

The most important factor a seller looks for while launching his product online is the effective management of the entire process i.e. listing, inventory, order management, shipping, and accounting. Then after getting relieved from this processes that can become a big hassle, if not managed properly he looks for ways to increase online sales and various marketing strategies he can try in order to gather the audience.

Marketing is the most crucial part while selling products and you need to focus on it and apply various strategies to see which can work and which may not work for your product.

So, let us see first how KartzHub will help to increase your online sales:

Sell on Multiple marketplaces with great efficiency

0 Likes