Ask A Guru: Why Am I Not Making Sales?

4 0 0

link to social media like facebook

Air freight Express Parcel Service & warehouse service for seller
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello! 

I have launched my store less than a week ago to an Instagram audience of 50k. It has been a short time but my biggest problem is struggling to convert sales. I believe it should be made much easier considering I have a moderate audience to market to.

Looking through my website, I have noticed and begun fixing issues such as having product images different size resolutions, setting up email marketing, adding a photo of myself on the about us, adding new site pages and marketing properly, but I believe there could also be more issues which I’m not seeing. When putting up ads on Instagram for my products, I only ever see 3-7 people engage with it or click on my website. This makes me believe I need to improve my marketing, even though all my ads are replicated from other successful ones. I’ve also considered cutting down my niche, looking at my product collection as some products could potentially be not suitable for my type of store, and rebuilding my Instagram profile. I’m asking advice in forums so that I am able to shed some light on the issues I need to fix so I can make some sales. If you have the time, would you be able to take a look through my website and profile and notify me of any issues you see? My website is cvenceattire.com and the Instagram is @cvencelux

Thank you!

0 Likes
Tourist
16 0 2

Thanks for those tips, Aaron! Breaking it down into readable bullets is super helpful :)

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi Kathryn, 

I would like to point out a very striking issue with your website. 

Your Navigation menu is hidden (with its white text color) when the 1st two slides of your home pages banner are showing. The menu only appears when the 3rd slide comes in. 

This will be very confusing for the visitors arriving at your home page. They won't be seeing the navigation menu for few minutes till the 3rd slide appears. I dont think its a good idea to keep it that way. Change the text color used for navigation menu items. 

I only spend  2 - 3 minutes in your website. Let me know if you are not getting conversions or not. IF you have usability issues like this, people arriving at your website wont purchase and they will immediately bounce back to search results, which will also effect your SEO efforts. 

If this business is generating steady income for you, it is better to take service of any web development / online marketing agencies to take care of the website. Let me know if you need to find few agencies that offers this kind of services for small businesses.

uploading some of the screenshots here so that issue is clear to you. 

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

It will take 3 - 6 months for your website secure better rankings in google's search Result Page. If you are doing SEO for your website, keep doing that. Meanwhile, you can use PPC (pay per click) / online advertising platforms to reach your target audience. If done properly this is an effective medium for ecommerce websites as properly manage PPC campaigns generate more than 100% ROI. 

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi there. I need your help for me to make sales. I have launched my store about 2 months ago and I had spent $300 for ads. I tried do some ads on facebook, Instagram and google AdWords but non of them generate me sales! I have combined the most trending products on my niche such as bracelets but I only had 11 link clicks (today) but no sales!

I'm so desperate right now..please help me!!

I'm 19 y/o business woman and had launched my own store on 9 January 2018. I'm currently searching for news and how to generate more sales. Its kinda hard to attract customers, if you can help me I would love to give you my special discount up to 30% off♥ this is only I can do for your honest helps.
0 Likes
7 0 0

Great suggestion.Very informative.Thanks

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello,

Thanks for interesting discussion. I launched my store 6 days now and have about 20 visitors per day via Facebook ads. However, no sales at all. Can someone give me some advices ? What do you think about my website elychloe(dot)com ? How to improve ?

Thanks.

Thuan

0 Likes
Excursionist
46 0 2

Hey all! Sweet thread. Wanted to add my $0.02

Many off our fashion clients ask this question. And our answer is often simple: Smarter ads.

Specifically, Facbeook. Here are some key questions you as a retail brand need to ask, both yourself and your marketing person/team/agency:

1. How do you define Cost Per Acquisition (CPA) as it applies to Facebook? 

2. What attribution window do you use and why?

3. What Facebook campaign objectives do you use and how do they work together given my goals are growing customers and increasing revenue under a set CPA? Why?

4. How do you structure your account to address prospective new customers who have never seen the brand on Facebook, seen and/or interacted with the brand on Facebook, already purchased from my brand? Why?

5. What is an optimal amount of audience overlap across ad sets for prospecting, retargeting, and retention? Why do you think that and what factors would cause you to change your answers?

6. Do you include or exclude placements and devices in your targeting? If so, which ones and why?

7. What types of creative assets do you recommend we start with and do you have any requests for certain types of creative assets? Why?

We wrote a full blog post about these marketing questions and how to use them to make more sales, hope it's helpful for you.

Cheers! 

CEO of Metric Digital @ www.metricdigital.com
0 Likes
1 0 0

Thank you for this post!! I have difficulties to convert. i am running the store around 3 months and we have had only one sale.Could you give me some advise?  https://efthymisfokas.com/

Thanks a lot!

Clara

EF
0 Likes