Ask A Guru: Why Am I Not Making Sales?

5 0 0

Great tips to improve the sales of the e-commerce website. But I want to add  a point in this, always target the specific audience that are related to your e-commerce website. E-commerce websites are for sales and transactions not for huge traffic.Some websites have medium traffic but has high sales in  numbers where as some have huge traffic but less sales. So its upon the audience or customer , are they looking for website' product or services.

0 Likes
Tourist
19 0 2

Hi Grace,

do you get enough traffic to your shop?

My 2c:

You are carrying a very limited inventory (and in small quanitites). E.g., going to Denim and finding only one item listed does not give many options to customers and make your shop look "empty". Tae's advice about stocking the latest in competitive prices is very good.

I won't put 'INSTA SHOP" first in the menu ... it is confusing to non-insta visitors.... some items there do not have a Shop button,,,, and of course the prices are not shown in my selected currency. So not a good show case to be at the top of your menu.

The shop design looks nice but a bit too heavy: loading times can be long and some devices will experience instances of momentary browser freeze. Given the very heavy home page, I was surprised to see that the catalogue page has no thumbs. 

Good luck with your shop!

★ Pro Bar Maker app: Email/FreeShipping/Discount/... Bars ⟿ ★ Shopideo app: Add product video
0 Likes
Tourist
19 0 2

One last thing I forgot to mention: Splashing a pop-up as soon as somebody comes to your shop, it is certain that will make quite a few visitors to run away before they even view your products. That's the negative effect of that "give me your email" popup. If you think about it, there is no positive effect: Nobody will give you their email before spending some time on your e-shop to see if they are interested in your products..

So, if you still want ot keep the pop-up sho it later when you are certain that the visitor has spent time at your shop and it may be insterested.

★ Pro Bar Maker app: Email/FreeShipping/Discount/... Bars ⟿ ★ Shopideo app: Add product video
0 Likes
9 0 0

Hi Cynthia, 

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my shop and get back to me. I greatly appreciate the input, and am working on a redesign implementing some of your suggestions. 

Thank You!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello,

I'm Amman from Bamboocid.com, and I havent gotany sales yet. I'm looking for different strategies to bring in revenue. Im a 14 year old entreprenuer, so any feedback and tips regarding my website will be highly appreciated :). I have tested facebook ads so far, but had no luck with that.

Thanks!

Amman

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello,

I'm Amman from Bamboocid.com, and I havent got any sales yet. I'm looking for different strategies to bring in revenue. Im a 14 year old entreprenuer, so any feedback and tips regarding my website will be highly appreciated :). I have tested facebook ads so far, but had no luck with that. http://bamboocid.com (use the code BAMBOOCID15 to get 15% off your total order; offering this in return for good feedback)

Thanks!

Amman

0 Likes
5 0 0

SITE/CRO FEEDBACK NEEDED!

88,000 Unique Pageviews, 0.14% Conversion Rate, 29 Sales in a WEEK???

These numbers don't make sense. I have made some updates to my site to address performance and optimization. I know there are still some improvements to be made, but from what i can see, the site provides a pretty smooth experience. I've even managed to streamline the checkout process (ApplePay, Amazon Pay, Paypal, as well as consolidating to one page for regular 'Checkout'). On top of that, I have Free US Shipping and upfront 30 day return policy. Business was launched in 2012, so it's an established brand.

www.shopdailychic.com

So then why do I still have such a low conversion rate? My traffic is very strong, bounce rate is acceptable, and pages per session have drastically improved. Any ideas why I would still not be getting the amount of sales I would expect? What can I do to get my conversion rate to 0.50% let alone 1.5%? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a sample of my numbers for the last week:
87,689 Unique Pageviews, 0.14% Conversion Rate, 29 Sales

Please help!!! Site critiques welcome.

0 Likes
3 0 0

I NEED FEED BACK STAT!

Ive been running an accessories store for a month or so now and my paid fb advertisements have been garnering a few hundred visits per day. My budget on ads is $100 for an entire month and so far each day ive been getting at least 15 adds to cart and consistantly at least 50% initiate a checkout. But for some reason i cant figure out why i have only one sale when i get this many initiate checkouts daily. Ive been constantly cleaning up my sight and adding apps for sales boosts along with reengineering my ads to be more precise but to no avail.

www.takeofftravelaccessories.com

If you can checkout out my sight and give me some feedback that would be greatly appreacited!

0 Likes
Tourist
99 0 1

Thanks for posting!

As for advertising, our experience shows that video converts waaaaaay higher.

Couple of tips to help:

First, capture attention quickly. Front-load the video with attention-grabbing content to ensure they don’t just scroll-and-go. Next, design for sound off. Most video ads in the mobile feed are viewed without sound. Use captions if there is dialogue. Facebook’s caption feature works really well. Finally, produce for mobile. Consider your dimensions. Make sure your story is told well on a small screen.

Anyway, hope that’s useful. Wrote more about this on our blog this week if you need more ideas: https://bit.ly/2s0G4lj

Later!

Kevin Simonson is the CEO of Metric Digital, a performance marketing agency in New York City that focuses on driving revenue and customers through for ecommerce business via online advertising, email and other digital marketing channels.
0 Likes
8 0 0

Im almost the same as you. 1 yr in shopify only 19 sales in total. {Surely shopify is the only one making money.} On top of that i advertised and have SEO with rich content blogs and email marketing, and its still hard to make a sale. All i want is a constant sale everyday :(

www.thelaxboutique.com (trendy shoes and handbags in style!)
0 Likes