Ask for refund on subscription

Highlighted
1 0 0

Good afternoon,

I opened an account on Shopify (free trial) around May 2020.

I am shocked when I received an email notification that I has been charged US299 for shopify plan.

This is a sudden charge cause I don't remember I have subscribed to any plan as it was in free trial period.

Also, as you can see the store is not even operating. I just closed the store after I got the bill. 

Could you please help me with a refund? The money is important to me right now as I just got fired from job due to covid-19. I cant survive if the money just gone like that. Please....

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 77 106

Hi, @veronaangg,

Hank here from Shopify.

What may have happened was that a plan was possibly selected back in May, and then once the trial expired, the paid plan started, resulting in this charge.

I do understand the bill shock that can occur, especially when you are not expecting an invoice, regardless of the amount.

Once your store is closed, you may very well be entitled to a refund, however, as this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account to confirm.

I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store.

Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes