Asking for guidance as I jump in

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi there,

I'm trying to design a store that uses a customizer which allows customers to put artwork on top of the store's supplied product image.  From within the customizer, I'd like to give additional options.  For example, I'd like them to be able to choose their product color, product size, number of imprint colors, and I'd also like to have a mandatory option of a set up charge.  The app developer suggested that I can accomplish this by editing the code on their snippet.  I just don't know how to get started.  Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Rob

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
37 1 3

Hi Rob

I hope you all the best with your new venture on Shopify first of all! Can I ask what app custimizor you are using first?

I do suggest the product builder app by BOLD commerce first of all! 

Let me know further details so I can help...

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thanks for the response, Tom.

I just took a quick look at Product Builder (I think...the one I saw was called 'custom product builder'.)  I've tried three customizers so far, zakeke, fancy product designer and the one I'm using now, Customify (seems to be best value).  The customizers I've seen take you from the main shopify product page into a customizing screen where you do your product customizing.  I've found apps that put the options on the product page, but not the customizing page, and there are some weird calculations when that occurs, at least from what I've seen.  I've also tried apps that put the options on the checkout page.  One issue I ran into was when choosing multiple colors and sizes at the same time, they each come out as their own line item on the checkout page, and then same options need to be chosen by customer for each instance.  I think the bottom line solution is to get those options on the customizing page, which the nice people at Customify say is possible, but I don't know how to do it.  I have very basic knowledge of coding I can pretty efficiently using html, i can use css if I look it up, I know loops, but that's about it.  So when looking at the code to change to include this, I don't even know where to start.

Thanks again Tom!

Rob

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I just saw the bold commerce part, sorry, checking that one now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

probably apparent from my last message, but this app is perfect except that it appears I'm unable to upload and place images.  Am I wrong?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
37 1 3

Hi Rob

Yeah they would be right, first of all are they not willing to offer support? 

I can help with editing the code for you if needed but I'm suprised as the app developers they wont help out with this one...

Thanks

0 Likes
5 0 0

They offered to set it up for an additional charge, which I'd like to avoid at this point.  Plus I'd like to learn so I can do this stuff on the fly.  They did direct me to the proper file and told me to edit it.

0 Likes