Auto-Fill Discount From URL

Highlighted
2 0 3

We want to apply discounts from a link on a web page. Discount coupons do not work for all types of users.

3 Likes
2 0 0

I too am looking for a solution like this. Want to use the URL in our ad campaigns so that when the user clicks on the ad, the URL that sends them to our site automatically applies the discount.

0 Likes
2 0 0

I too am looking for a solution like this. Want to use the URL in our ad campaigns so that when the user clicks on the ad, the URL that sends them to our site automatically applies the discount.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
3841 0 221

Since discount coupons are applied to an order in the checkout process (step 2 of 3), you cannot auto-fill the discount. You could however ensure the customer notices the discount using your Theme to catch the code in the URL and for the duration of their session, make it visible on the shop, perhaps in the header to make it obvious.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
733 0 46

We'll have some updates to the checkout process and how discounts get applied in the next few months and this is one of the things on our to-do list. 

I work for Shopify.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
84 0 21

We'll have some updates to the checkout process and how discounts get applied in the next few months and this is one of the things on our to-do list.

Jonathan, any progress here?

0 Likes
2 0 0

Ditto to Collin. Looking for automatic discounts that I can apply to a particular collection for instance. Manual discount codes aren't always practical.

0 Likes
34 0 0

Jonathan: any update on this?  It's been about 7 months and as far as I can tell it's still not possible.

We write software to improve customer retention and repeat purchases
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
733 0 46

The Checkout team had been working on Gift Cards as their top priority for the last few months, ensuring that we got the feature out before Black Friday/Cyber Monday. With that out the door, they'll be continuing their efforts on improving the checkout and the ability to pass discount codes through the site address is on the roadmap. I can't say when this feature will be available, though.

I work for Shopify.
0 Likes
Excursionist
35 0 4

Arghh!! This needs to happen soon, please. Can you politely kick them up the backside to hurry it along ...or something? :)

0 Likes