Auto-Fill Discount From URL

Highlighted
Excursionist
117 0 11

Hi guys,

Instead of providing a coupon code, why don't you offer FREE GIFT for your customers? Checkout Boost app will help you to do that. The free gift will be added to customers' carts automatically, and they can see "wow, a free gift in my cart for real", before entering their credit card info. 

Not only free gift, this app also allows you to free shipping or discount (of your choice) to customers if they share their cart on Facebook, Twitter,... It will not only encourage them to finish their cart to catch your offer, but it will also help you reach more new customers on social networks.

Hope it will help all of you increase checkout rate and attract more customers :)

Helen

Socialcommerce.ninja - Our mission is to help you sell better.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

For what it's worth, I had several chat sessions with Shopify and after confirming with their development team the response is basically the same as what Jonathon said nearly 18 months ago:

Natasha Craig (Shopify)

Oct 29 03:53

Hi James!

This is Natasha with the Shopify Guru Team, following up on our chat. I want to thank you for your patience. I was off for a few days and missed the email regarding your question. I did hear back, and unfortunately at this time there isn't an update on the auto-discount feature. They did, however, confirm that our checkout team it is currently working on it, so I'm hoping that an update is in the near future.

Have a great day,

Natasha
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

+1  The lack of this feature and communication makes it hard to handle basic discounting scenarios in a fluid manner.  This should HELP shop owners sell more which is good for shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
26 0 0

Are there any news on this?

If not, is there any interesting app that, besides the creative approach by Felix Thea, solves this issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
30 0 13

Switched to Shopify last month and whereas (for me) the Support team have replied quickly with any query - I can't believe this is feature isn't standard. The discounting/promotions features are absolutely crucial for any ecommerce to work properly and voucher coding just isn't an option when it is "sale" period (as it is now).

Get it sorted urgently please Shopify as I don't see ourselves hanging around without such a basic feature.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

guys, no news about this yet? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 5

We're switching to WooCommerce bc features like this will clearly never be addressed. Shopify seems to only be concerned with their physical POS system. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 0 9

+1 here as well. Any news Shopify Gurus?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
195 0 25

It looks like you can do this now. 

I found this article: https://docs.shopify.com/manual/your-store/discounts/send-discount-with-abandoned-checkout

It describes how you can apply a discount to a cart by placing a query parameter like this ?discount=YourDiscoutCode on end of the checkout url. 

I ran an experiment and placed a hidden inpput in the form on the cart page. 

<input type="hidden" name="discount" value="YourDiscoutCode" />

Once submitted this does indeed place the discount=YourDiscoutCode query parapmeter on the end of the checkout url and sets the discount code. 

To fill this hidden input you could use some JS code or read the cart url that could contain the discount code in the url.

Cheers!

Stop Stressing About Shopify You’ve Got Better Things To Do => https://320ny.com/shopify/
3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
166 0 41

That's genius Ryan :) Thanks for sharing!

Elkfox - The eCommerce Experts
0 Likes