Auto-purchase orders to suppliers

Highlighted
3 0 1

Hi gang, not sure if this is the right forum for this, but i have an issue that Shopify can't seem to fix for me and I'm hoping someone here might have a work-around.

I have about 9 or 10 vendor/suppliers I use for the products I sell and the purchase order/request that gets sent to them is a basic email that only includes the item name, quantity needed, and part #. My vendors require a formal Purchase Order showing business name (preferably with logo), billing info, product cost, etc.

I know there are apps out there to create and send Purchase Orders, but they don't integrate that awesomely with Shopify (at least what I have tried), and the worst part is the vendor would receive two purchase orders from us; the automated "basic" shopify email, and the formal purchase order I create with everything the vendor needs. This is just a mis-ship waiting to happen.

How are you guys handling purchase orders that are sent to your suppliers?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 1

I use Simple Purchase Orders and it works pretty well. You're able to manually send PO's to your vendors or have it done automatically when someone orders from your site. Easy to set up as well.

0 Likes