Auto-renew

Waseem77
1 0 0

Hi Everyone,

I hope you're well and keeping safe.

I've received an email regarding an old store i no longer use, stating that the domain will auto-renew. However if you haven't set it to auto-renew then you don't have to do anything.

I can't log in to the store as I closed it back in August, can anyone check this? as I do not want to auto-renew the account.

Store details:

Kingdom Jewelry Store
kingdom-jewelry-store.myshopify.com

Kind regards,

Waseem Mohammed

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
965 109 148

Hi, @Waseem77. Thanks for starting a thread on this; I can see how that email can be confusing!

Stores that have been cancelled (or are frozen) are considered to be ‘offline’. Therefore, automatic charges for another yearly domain fee will not occur, even if the auto-renew option was enabled at the time of cancellation. 

However, there is an exception to this. Domains with .de extensions are automatically set to auto renew, which will be effective even on stores that have been cancelled. Therefore, if your domain does end in .de, please reach out to a Support Advisor via live chat, email or callback to have them assist with the formal cancellation process of your domain. 

On the flip side, for anyone else that comes across this thread and actually wants to renew a domain on a cancelled store in order to  transfer it to another account or hosting site, we can certainly help with that too. Access to the account info will be required in order to escalate it to our Billing team to process the charge, therefore please follow the same protocol as mentioned above, and reach out via the Help Center to create a support ticket.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes