Automatic Collection Products Show Briefly, Then Disappear

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I've run into an issue with automatic collections. My existing collections all work, but I'm unable to make new ones. Now when I make automatic collections (based on only 1 tag), none of the products appear on my site preview.

I've tried to isolate the issue, but am unsuccessful so far. Here is where I've gotten: I can add products with the default Shopify collection editor. When I input a simple tag rule (in this example, tag="mens")  the appropriate products appear in the back-end.

Shows in collection setup.PNG

However, None of the products fully load when I preview the site. Instead, they display for a fraction of a second:

(captured with gamebar because they show for so little time)(captured with gamebar because they show for so little time)Then, the page changes. It says that the collection is empty, even though products were just visible.

Load error.PNG

The issue doesn't seem to be theme-based, because it occurs in unedited free themes (where no one has messed with the code). And again, my pre-existing collections still display correctly on the preview site.

Any thoughts?

Roche

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Update:

We found a solution. On the collections editor page, we had to change the collection type from "collection" to "collection.bc-original." Now products all display on the site preview. Photo below shows what we changed:

Solution to dissappearing products.png

0 Likes