Automatic Discounts Not Working

Highlighted
1 0 1

I have seen this asked before but can't find a straight answer anywhere. In our online store, I created a automatic discount of 50% on any product with a certain tag. I reviewed all the products to make sure they were tagged appropriately, and made the discount active. I tried two test orders to make sure it was functioning properly and it did not. Got all the way to actually paying with no discount appearing at all for those products. I ended up having to manually change the prices, and will have to manually change them back when the sale ends. This has to be some sort of major glitch and I don't understand what I'm missing or doing wrong. Please help!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
155 22 31

Hi, @SupriyaDerm !

Just a couple quick questions that come to mind when dealing with an issue like this. Are you using an application to setup your discounts or is this the standard Automatic Discount you're setting up in the Shopify admins discount section? Are you using any sort of external checkout that might not be registering the discount?

Shopify's Automatic Discount section doesn't actually have a product tagging method like this. You can however select certain products during setup for the automatic discount that the discount would apply to. For example, in this screenshot from a test store you can see what setup for a discount such as this would look like. If you can elaborate a little bit on where you were setting up the tagging during the setup for your discount i'd be happy to dig into this further for you. My thinking is that there might just be a bit of a mixup here.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
33 0 2

Hi Oliver

I'm setting up my automatic discount in Shopify and it's not working as it should.
I've chosen the Buy X Get Y... I've ticked all the collections that are valid for X, and all the products that are valid for Y, but for some reason it is only discounting SOME of the Y codes, not all of them. I can have 6 Y codes in my cart and one X code, and it'll only discount between 3-4 of the Y codes.
Any explanation for this?? It's getting frustrating now.

Thanks

Steve

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Is there any shopify response to this? I'm trying to do the BuyX GetY code and it is also not working for me. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
155 22 31

Hi, @go-cord & @SteveWinch5DS !

Thanks for reaching out. If you're comfortable posting a screenshot of the parameters of the discount or providing more information along with a link to the website, I'd be happy to do some troubleshooting with you. There's likely just some conditions not being met at the checkout that we'll want to adjust.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Thank you for the response. I realized the issue. I was thinking, and
hoping, that if a customer bought X - then Y would automatically be in
their cart. Then realized that the customer also had to add the additional
product to the cart, at which point the offer would apply.

Is there any way for the offer item Y to automatically be added to the cart
when the customer adds X?
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

I second this question because I'm having the same issue. 

I want product Y to be in their cart & packing slip just by adding X to their order 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 12 21

@noiicedyes 

App Selly can help you to display Y when customer add X to cart:

https://apps.shopify.com/selly

★ SELLY UNITED - The front solution to increase sales for online store and POS - https://apps.shopify.com/selly
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
155 22 31

@go-cord 

Thanks for following up. With the automatic discount that's natively built into Shopify, it would not be possible. You'd need to use an application to take advantage of "gifting". You have a few options, like the one suggested in a previous comment by @Risa. There are also others like EasyGift, which might be able to help.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Same with us. We can't get the Buy X Get Y Free to work on either discount codes or automatic discounts. 

This is a huge problem Shopify!

1 Like