Automatic discounts using customer tag?

charlest4
Tourist
14 0 1

Hi all,

Is there any way to apply an automatic discount using a customer tag. For whatever reason Shopify does not give the option of using a customer tag for auto discounts.

Thanks in advance,

Charles

June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
231 78 40

Hi @charlest4,

Thanks for sharing your question! I'm curious to see the recommendations you'll get from our Community. 

In the meantime, here are a couple of apps that may just be a great fit for what you're looking for:

What I can also do is add this request to our feedback log on your behalf. Before I do, I'd love to be able to give our developers a little more context - can you tell me more about your plans to leverage customer tags for discounts? Thanks so much in advance and have a wonderful day!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

de_nz
1 0 1

I have seen a few other threads asking about this specific feature. I personally want to use it to grant customers tagged with "reseller" a specific wholesale discount. I am not sure if Shopify would want to make this feature available to all users as this is covered by their Shopify Plus solution. https://www.shopify.com/plus/solutions/wholesale-ecommerce

From what I understand, there is also a conflict of interest for Shopify. Adding extra features like that would mean making the paid products of some of their app developers obsolete.

I would love to see this feature being added, as it is super veritable and useful, I am just not sure if it is going to happen.