Automatic discounts without the discount code

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 12

Hi,

I'm trying to set up automatic discounts for my store. 

If a customer orders more than say $100, I give them a 10% discount.

But they should just automatically have this discount applied without having to enter a discount code. Is there an APP or a way of doing this?

Hope someone out there can help. Thks

9 Likes
Tourist
5 0 12

Hi Brad,

My email is roger2tran@gmail.com. Yes, please add this to the feature request as I think it would be a very useful feature to have, and it would improve the customer's online experience.

Thks.

2 Likes
Tourist
93 0 2

Hey R T,

Site is not launched yet so i cannot see if you offer free delivery or not.

What i would suggest is a little 'workaround' maybe instead of offering 10% off over $100, you can maybe offer free delivery over $100?

That can be done in the shipping settings, Just an idea :)

Mally - Flagship Design

Shopify design, SEO and online marketing - www.flagship-design.com
1 Like
Tourist
5 0 12

Thks for the suggestion Mally!

1 Like
Excursionist
164 0 12

This says it can do that kind of thing ; not sure if it uses codes or not though

http://apps.shopify.com/product-discount

1 Like
Tourist
29 0 3

Hi,

I think a feature that can let the discount apply automatically if i fulfill the requirements. I wanted to create 2 different discount for each category, eg. each bag - $20 & each wallet - $10. If the customer adds 1 bag & 1 wallet to the cart, it will automatically take $35 off. But the discount can be only applied with a discount code, then for my case, the customer will have to place 2 orders to be able to enjoy discount for both items.

I tried out the Product Discount code (the sample) but there's limitation. Can't really try out if the discount code really works. It seems that i need to input the discount name (which is suppose is the discount code) to be able to create the discount successfully.

So, hopefully shopify can come out with the above feature.

Thanks.

1 Like
Tourist
7 0 4

Please count this as another vote for automatic discounts.

Ideally you'd setup a discount without a code based on thresholds (over £100, X items purchased) and the discount would happen automatically in the cart view.

4 Likes
Shopify Partner
8 0 2

Would love to see this.  Would also like to see discounts based on customers buying products from selected collections.

2 Likes
1 0 3

Add another vote for automatic discounts. I'm surprised to not find it by default, would have thought this is not a complex offering...

3 Likes
Tourist
3 0 4

Has this feature been added yet? I really need automatic discounts on my store. It works really well with my Big Commerce store and I assumed that Shopify would have it also

3 Likes