How can I automate email notifications to suppliers after a sale?

veronica_mz
Shopify Partner
18 0 2

Hi,

sorry if this will sound like a lame question, but I am an absolute ecommerrce beginner, still pondering wherter to launch my very first e-shop.

I am planning to sell experiences organized by 3rd part suppliers, my question is, is there a system to automatically notify the supplier via mail everytime a customer buys a product on my website?

Thanks! 

veronica

Replies 6 (6)

Jason_01
Shopify Staff (Retired)
55 0 17

Hello, Veronica!

I'm Jason a Guru here at Shopify. 

Great question. So I would suggest checking out the Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping. It explains the supply chain, which is the path a product takes to go from conception through manufacturing and finally into the hands of a customer. 

In short, you will need an app such as Oberlo, which is used in conjunction with suppliers to ship products directly from suppliers to customers. 

You can download the Oberlo app here, it will help you to drop ship products from AliExpress and Oberlo Marketplace. 

Now, with Shopify, you can also use a fulfillment service apart from Amazon, Webgistix or Shipwire, provided that the warehouse you’re using can process orders by email (as you mentioned). We have a full document on this here, if you want to check it out.

Please let us know if there is anything else I can help you out with!

Jason || Shopify

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

veronica_mz
Shopify Partner
18 0 2

Hi Jason,

thank you for your prompt reply!

Unfortunately this doesn't really apply to my particular case as I've learned that Oberlo is a great tool to sell phisical products, but I am looking to sell experiences instead. 

So I will be adding my own suppliers to my e-store, what I need is a tool able to notify myself AND the supplier when a order is placed on my shop.

Does something similar exist?

Thank you very much for your hellp!

Veronica

GhostApps
Shopify Partner
146 1 15

Hi, my app Simple Purchase Orders can definitely meet your shop's needs.

It allows you to set up suppliers and import products and set cost prices. You can then automatically generate purchase orders from orders your customers make and it will import all of the items they order and their address and email it to your supplier. This should help you reduce time spent fulfilling orders and eliminate mistakes.

Please check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

veronica_mz
Shopify Partner
18 0 2

Thank you, I will check it out! 🙂

EstoreAutomate
Shopify Partner
22 0 1

Hi There,

Our App called "Autofulfill" can send email to your supplier when every time an order is placed.

Also, You can automate the fulfillment process.

For more information, you can check out our App https://apps.shopify.com/auto-fulfill

Thanks

marcuskim1989
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm interested in your app. So, just to confirm, when my customers place an order on my store, an email will automatically be sent to the associated supplier? If so, how much can you customize the email? Is there a way to automatically send product photos along with SKUs and shipping destinations?