Automatically adjust inventory at a certain time?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Here is the context of what I need to do.

We have an item in our store that serves as a fast-track, basically the customer can pay $200 extra to get their ordered item significantly quicker than usual. We only sell 25 per week and when inventory is at 0 I manually reset it to 25 on Fridays before I leave.

Due to the overwhelming popularity of this feature, we want to automatically have it reset to 25 every Friday at 5:30 PM EST. The problem is we close for the day at 5PM and nobody is here at 5:30 to do this. Is there a feature in Shopify for me to manually have just this 1 product replenish to 25 every Friday at this exact time? 

One last thing, in the rare occasion that we don't sell out all 25 in a week (say we have 5 left), is there a way to have the auto-functionality add 25 to what is existing instead of just go to 25? In this example, it would go from 5 to 30? Thanks in advance! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
437 44 51

Hey, @johnrclark12.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That's a great question!

I understand you're looking for a way to automatically update the inventory for a specific product every Friday, with the ability to compound remaining inventory. I'm afraid there isn't a way to schedule automatic inventory updates natively; however, you may be able to accomplish this through the use of a third-party app. I was able to find an app, called Stock Sync, that's able to schedule inventory updates. Nonetheless, since this is a third-party app, I'd recommend giving them a try with their 14-day free trial and see if they are able to meet your requirements. If you need any assistance with this app, you can also reach out to the app developer directly through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page.

I hope this app can serve as a solution for what you're looking for. If you have any other questions on this topic, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
94 0 4

Hi @johnrclark12 

You can use our Shopify & Airtable integration to accomplish this. Set the inventory for the product to 25 (or another number) in Airtable, and schedule an Airtable>Shopify sync to happen as frequently as you want. Happy to show you how it works in action. Also, check out our guide on how to manage and track Shopify inventory .

0 Likes