Automatically capture payments for gift cards?

4 0 0

We are looking to launch gift cards on our website, and it seems that the gift card email goes out after the payment has been captured. Is there a way to automatically capture the payments for gift cards only? I wasn't able to find that feature anywhere. 

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
381 5 50

Hey Ji Ho Yoo,

I think this is what you're looking for:

Admin > Settings > Checkout > Order Processing

I7ZNVkW9Nsz7QCdWjhDzGMEjNK6bM0

... and then go to your Admin > Settings > Payment Providers > Payment Authorization

dfOzqbFJmk6O9J1hDOavgOWcaSV1GV

Setting it up like this will allow your store to automatically capture the payment, and then automatically fulfill only the Gift Cards in an order. Capturing payment automatically is pretty standard. If you don't want to go through with the order, then you can just cancel it (which will prompt a full refund) -- and there are no penalties for cancelling/refunding an order. 

Hope this helps! :)

★ Need help setting up your Shopify store or website? Get my FREE 'No-BS' Setup Guide @ stephens.world/guide ★
0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Stephen!

This would automatically fulfill the order, but not capture the payment. 

I believe the functions are different than capture. 

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
381 5 50

I just updated my first post to include more details on how this would work.

I think the above is the only way to get the effect you're looking for.

★ Need help setting up your Shopify store or website? Get my FREE 'No-BS' Setup Guide @ stephens.world/guide ★
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi Jiho,

In fact, payments are only captured after gift cards are being redeemed. This is a law that was put in to place to protect the consumer. Moreover, after going through similar issues with my store, I decided to outsource this type of thing. I found a company that specializes in everything gift cards. Rise.ai was able to take care of all my gift card needs. It was a very easy solution to my issue and I would strongly recommend it.

I hope this helps!

https://apps.shopify.com/rise-ai

0 Likes