Automatically send Customer Invitation Emails

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

Hey everyone!

So I noticed that the customer invite emails don't send automatically and I could not find a way to do so. Is there a way to automate those so I don't have to painstakinly check constantly just to do it manually? HALP! I appreciate your advice. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 64

Hey @BOREDlife! Could you tell me more about your current process? 

Are you're looking for a way to automatically email new customers or a way to email potential customers an invitation to purchase something in your store?

If you're trying to email new customers as they come in, many people are using Parabola to accomplish just that, automatically.

It's actually pretty simple! This is the "flow" that would run, say, every hour: 

jpbertram_0-1594743102669.png

With the Shopify Import step, you can import Customers created over whatever time interval you choose. I set mine to pull in new customers created within the last 1 hour and can schedule the flow to run every hour as well.

jpbertram_1-1594743195693.png

I'm sharing this link below with you to help you get started. After signing up (it's free to try as well), the link will duplicate the flow from the screenshot above in your instance. Just authorize your store, and choose to send with either a Parabola branded email template or use your own template with Sendgrid. Just make sure you delete the step you don't want to use. Hope this helps!

https://parabola.io/api/clipboard/8d9dc21e3a884f639998b81a2c33bf02/copy_to_flow?name=Email%20new%20c...

JP

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

Hi! @jpbertram So we literally just opened our store last week. What I've been doing is manually sending new customers an invite to authorize their account after they had subscribed. But I want to set it up so it will be done automatically after a customer subscribes. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 64

Congrats on the opening! 

Where are your customers subscribing? Depending upon where that data gets stored, you should be able to pull that into Parabola and send them templated emails in real-time, or at timed intervals.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

Thank you! We are so excited!

So we currently are using a shopify app called Privy that created a pop up to which they are subscribing to (they are also getting a first time coupon). Then they recieve an automated email through mailchimp with that coupon info. But when they subscribe I want them to recieve the email that shopify offers to authenticate their account which then automatically sends another email following with a welcome for completing the activation. See the attached image (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about but just in case). The top "customer account invite" is what I want sent automatically then the second one is already automatic. So I can do that with Parabola? 

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 3.25.27 PM.png

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 64

If these customers end up listed as customers in your store, definitely!

The only difference I would recommend in the link I shared before would be to add a Row Filter step filtering out any customers with an Order count greater than 0. This would limit those being emailed to just new customers who were created but have not yet purchased anything. 

jpbertram_0-1594758679302.png

https://parabola.io/api/clipboard/2d999d66a63245ec87d84db2986295ac/copy_to_flow?name=Email%20new%20c...

4 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

Thank you! This has been really helpful. I appreciate the help!

3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 64

Of course! If you do end up giving Parabola a try and need some extra help, check out our community as well!

3 Likes