Automatically sort product variants?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 3

Does anyone know if it's possible to automatically sort product variants?

Example.

I sell shoes, and select the option to overwrite current inventory when importing products.

This sometimes leaves me with a variant list like this:

Size 7

Size 7.5

Size 10

Size 10.5

Size 8.5

Size 6

It would be nice to have it consistent.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4265 32 434

Are you importing the sizes in order?

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Same problem / request here. In the modal: Inventory & variants, when I click on 'reorder variants' there really should be an alphabetical / numerical button. 

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
148 0 17

Hi! Was variant sort issue somehow sorted out?

★ Shopify Customer/Order Auto Tag App → 99rabbits.com ★
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 2

Ressurecting this thread to see if anyone was able to come up with a solution.  I am facing the same problem.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Anything on this? I have 100 variants. Seriously we need a plugin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

5 years later and still no answer from shopify.  What are the montly fees going towards again?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I have the same problem. Is there a solution? I need to re-order size variants. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
14 0 3

We are looking into this for one of our clients, the only HTML/Liquid solution which is very poor is to prefix a leading zero to single digit numbers:

e.g. 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10

Alternatively:

You can use javascript to reorder the tags, I've just google a few quick variations for this and this one looks quite a nice implementation and allows you to use the builtin tags like:

{{ tag | link_to_remove_tag: tag }}

Stackoverflow post

There maybe a really dirty hack which I'm looking into now which is to append the leading zero, then detect for this and remove it on the actual tag. However this is quite difficult due to substring etc not existing in liquid (basic string manipulation for any normal language).

META - Shopify Experts
www.meta.co.uk
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
14 0 3

We are looking into this for one of our clients, the only HTML/Liquid solution which is very poor is to prefix a leading zero to single digit numbers:

e.g. 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10

Alternatively:

You can use javascript to reorder the tags, I've just google'd a few quick variations for this and this one looks quite a nice implementation and allows you to use the builtin tags like:

{{ tag | link_to_remove_tag: tag }}

There maybe a really dirty hack which I'm looking into now which is to append the leading zero, then detect for this and remove it on the actual tag. However this is quite difficult due to substring etc not existing in liquid (basic string manipulation for any normal language).

For variants you could add this to the <option>?

META - Shopify Experts
www.meta.co.uk
0 Likes