Automating Creation of Collections

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4

I use ChannelAdvisor to manage my product data.  ChannelAdvisor sends over a Product Type to Shopify but not a Collection.  I would like to have Shopify automatically create a new Collection for each Product Type I send over.

For instance: Product Type "A" is sent over from ChannelAdvisor.  Shopify automatically creates a Collection called "A" that includes all products classified under Product Type "A".

Essentially the point of this is to use the automated collection feature but save me the time of manually creating each collection with an automation rule.  I have a thousand categories so creating a thousand collections individually would take eons.

Is it possible to write a script in Shopify that would perform this function?  If not, are there other proven methods?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

You might not like it but the fact is, these e-commerce software solutions comes with certain limitations, even with all their extra-ordinary hype and high pricing. So if you’re facing any problem, relax—you’re not alone!

Back to your particular problem, given whatever experience I have with ChannelAdvisor (I gave them up soon—wasn’t very comfortable with their overall interface and sky-high pricing), I don’t think you can automate to send a collection of categories/products to Shopify. Even on Shopify’s end I am skeptical to that. 

You can however check out other e-commerce software solution provider. Names like ChannelSale and Solid Commerce do promise seamless integration between marketplaces and webstores. Plus they are much affordable than ChannelAdvisor. Also, ChannelSale, which I personally use, also offers managed services, which can be a great help if you’re really looking to save your time.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi,

I would like to know if you have found out a solution to automate the creation of categories (ie for thousands). If you could also link up your boutique

Thanks !

Fd

0 Likes