Back Date Orders

ASeymour
Tourist
5 0 2

We have the need to back date manual orders.  Is there a way / a setting to allow me to enter the date I want to be reflected on the order?

-Emma-
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
88 10 26

Hello, @ASeymour

Emma here from Shopify.  At this time, you cannot edit orders in Shopify without the use of an app such as Edit Order by Cleverific, which allows you to change customer shipping or billing info, adjust pricing, add or remove SKU's and line items on any customer order. Even with the use of such an app, I'm afraid it doesn't look like you can change the date of an order. You could try reaching out to the app developers to enquire about whether or not this could be achieved with their app. Let us know what you find out! 

In the meantime, I'd be happy to pass along a feature request for you. Our developers are always open to suggestions and we truly value your feedback. If you wouldn't mind sharing how this feature would improve your business, and why it's important to you, I would love to share that information with our team. 

All the best,

Emma | Shopify Support 

-Emma- | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ASeymour
Tourist
5 0 2
Thank you! It’s mainly for a manual order, not when the customer places an order.
Melane
Shopify Partner
2 0 5

Please pass along the need to be able to back date orders for me, as well. I have a need on occasion to go back and track an order at an earlier date.

FANCIES
2 0 4

@-Emma- can you please raise a feature request for the ability to add backdated orders? This is for manual orders on Shopify POS that were missed by staff (as a use case). Not having this feature makes it very difficult for us to reconcile. Many thanks!

danielpretorius
Shopify Partner
97 0 10

Hey ASeymour,

If you are still looking for a solution to this take a look at how our app, AirPower, enables you to create/update draft orders from Airtable. You can see the sample Airtable base to do this here, and we have a help article on how to set this up - How to create and edit Shopify draft orders from Airtable . You can easily update the date of a manual order in your Airtable, and our app will reflect that in Shopify.

maevetk
Tourist
6 0 9

I would like to be kept up to date regarding the ability to back-date orders. I am using Shopify to create many manual orders, in addition to having customers place orders through my online store, and often the manual orders need to be backdated. please keep me in the loop! 

truthbw
Tourist
3 0 4

For testing purposes, being able to back date orders would be swell.

Jewelmak
1 0 0

Hello Seymour,

i am facing the same issue you had. Were you able to find a way to backdate orders? I would appreciate if you can let me know.

0 Likes
ASeymour
Tourist
5 0 2
There is no resolution that I know of
0 Likes