Backwards Discount

1 0 0

I set up a product, and the the discount is on reverse, it says $6.00 and the 6 bucks is crossed out, and it says the discount price is $12.00.  How can I fix this?

That's the only product that gives a discount price, which is also confusing... 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
188 23 42

Hi, there!

I've taken a read through your post and believe I've spotted the issue here. The problem is likely that the "price" and "compare at price" for this product are mixed up in the product page in the backend of your store. The price field should include the current price of the product, and the compare at price will be the former price. If you enter in a compare at price then most themes will show the current price as the new, discounted price. For example, in my test store here I have listed the price of the product to be $5.00 and the compare at price to be $10.00:

19-06-eouml-ri44w

This is then reflected on the front end like so:

19-06-dyh46-0fv5d

The compare at price has a cross through it and the current price is listed next to it, which displays to the customer the difference between the two. There is also a "sale" label which can usually be toggled on and off in the theme editor.

I hope this explains things for you and helps solve your issue, but if you're still having problems please let me know!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Shopify Partner
153 0 2

Do you need to use discount app? It creates discount price next to original price and crosses the original one

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
188 23 42

Hi @Anthony_Jackson,

For the solution I mentioned above, no. No app is required to achieve this. By adding a compare at price most themes will then show it as the former price, with it usually crossed out to denote this fact.

The app you linked seems to be more of an extension of the discounts feature native to within Shopify, which includes additional functionalities such as countdown timers and stock countdowns.

I hope this explains things but let me know if you have more questions!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes